Notices

Rock Bottom Hit

Old 11-03-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How is it today, Horn?
Old 11-03-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Horn95, I'm so sorry this happened but it sounds like it could be a catalyst for real change. One of the things I struggled with very early in my sobriety (I'm still early at 10 months) is the idea of GIVING UP alcohol, the change to my lifestyle, etc...but honestly, it was so incredibly hard to live as an active alcoholic. Being sober is so much easier, once you get over the initial hump, and this DUI will hopefully solidify short-term abstinence in your mind. All that matters right now is not drinking, doing the next right thing, keeping your side of the street clean, all those platitudes. You may be shocked at how your view of things (including your situation with your wife) will change after some sober time. Please join the November class and use all the tools available to you.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It is horrible but there is plenty more room to fall from here, rock bottom can be deeper. You need to make your sobriety number 1. Everything else will fall into place. I would get help from professional addiction counseling, I definitely should also. No one was hurt, this isn’t rock bottom. It’s a prime example of how awful alcohol can be. You are better than this, your life deserves better than this. If it’s only going to get better from this point is entirely up to you. Take care of yourself and it will get better.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Horn, how's it going today?