Notices

I have a severe allergy to alcohol

Old 11-02-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have a severe allergy to alcohol

Anyone else take this approach? Seems to help me mentally.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi RUL 23 !

I just saw your name from my May class. I was going to personal iMessage you and see how you were doing .

I don’t see how it matters whatever way you want to train your brain to think about it it’s fine. Whether you think you are allergic to it, or if you think you’re just an alcoholic., if you think you have an addiction problem .

For me looking at alcohol as what it is is a poison. And we are all “allergic to it“ It is also in most addicting prison just like nicotine and crack and meth.

for me, I did not go to AA but I do read here a lot and I post some of my early days the first 90 days I slept a lot, I was depressed a lot, I cried a little, I for gave myself a little , I took a lot of warm showers but I did the dishes by hand a lot .

I looked up AVRT on google. It was great for me. I read ‘This Naked Mind’

Believe in yourself. You’re soul is drowning and is crying for help . The only one that can save it is you

Glad you’re back!
Old 11-02-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

However you identify your relationship to alcohol, it is important to realize that it is a threat to you. Using the analogy of an allergy, that first drink is like the bee sting that can kill sobriety in a most painful way. Others like to personify their addiction as a "Beast", a terror that can hunt you down if you let it. The list goes on ... I think that all of these can be useful.