My daughter is out partying and only 19

Old 11-20-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats going on sweetichick?

D
Old 11-20-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I apologize to JJ. I haven't seen my kids for nearly 7 years so whether I am drinking or not won't make any difference. I fell off the wagon again Sunday. It was my mother's birthday. After an hour of listening to my dad saying that God asks him to go into dangerous situations and he is prepared to die for his faith. He is nuts. No concern for the danger he may be putting the rest of the family in. I now feel completely alone. I am not ringing them till Christmas. Today is Wednesday and another day 1.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Old 11-20-2018, 11:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I apologize to JJ. I haven't seen my kids for nearly 7 years so whether I am drinking or not won't make any difference. I fell off the wagon again Sunday. It was my mother's birthday. After an hour of listening to my dad saying that God asks him to go into dangerous situations and he is prepared to die for his faith. He is nuts. No concern for the danger he may be putting the rest of the family in. I now feel completely alone. I am not ringing them till Christmas. Today is Wednesday and another day 1.
Actually sweetichick, even if you have not seen your kids in 7 years it really could make a difference. One of the most heartwarming stories I've ever heard was from a former co-worker. When she was 6 weeks old her mother up and left. She couldn't deal with being a mother and had depression and substance abuse issues. This co-worker was raised by her loving father and had a wonderful life. At 16 her mother got back in contact and said she was ready to be a part of her life. My co-worker accepted the offer and they reconnected and now, at age 35, she and her mother share a wonderful relationship. If this woman could forgive her mother for leaving her as an infant and then reconnect to have a loving relationship with her mother, I think you too could turn things around for your children. Mother is generally always a special person that children long to have a relationship.

As for your dad, that does sound nuts but there are a lot of nutty people in the world- a to of them our family members

Also, importantly, and said gently, do you see the hypocrisy in what you said? "No concern for the danger he is putting the rest of the family in?" Hm? Do you also behave in ways that show no concern for the danger you are putting your family in? The danger of being left without you if you drink yourself to death. It would be a real loss to your family sweeti.

How's the rehab search going? Why don't you search for my old rehab thread to see how nice my experience was. Sweeti, it was not only getting free of the chains of alcohol, but having a month where I could sleep, recover physically and emotionally, be cooked for and cared for and have all my basic needs met while working on a solid foundation of sobriety. It was great and I would recommend rehab to anyone.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

God asks him to go into dangerous situations and he is prepared to die for his faith. He is nuts. No concern for the danger he may be putting the rest of the family in.

I find this interesting. I could actually apply it to what I see you doing to yourself, based on what you post. I'm not trying to be negative. I just think its an interesting parallel

(Alcohol) asks (me) to go into dangerous situations and (I am) prepared to die for (my addiction). (I am) nuts. No concern for the danger (I) may be putting (myself in and how it affects) the rest of the family .

Faith is powerful SC and I believe you put all of your faith in alcohol regardless of the insanity, the lack of logic and the impact on yourself and others. And you have yourself completely convinced that you have reasons to drink.

Again, I wonder if you even ponder the idea that there is no reason to drink over or at anything or anyone. You are choosing alcohol because it is your God.

Whatever your father is doing is no reason to drink. Its a reason not to. Maybe its an example of blind faith gone haywire. Ya know?