SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   ... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/433668-a.html)

Nowsthetime 10-31-2018 09:01 PM

It’s been a while.

I’ve been moderating a bit. Moderated today... Not sure why I have been so gone... so gone from here. I reached out for a helping hand and I got what I needed at the time but then I needed more.

Tonight was stupid. STUPID. Not because I did anything bad or embarrasing, or any thing like that... stupid because... was it worth it?

My daughter smelled alcohol on me tonight. I’m sure.... nothing bad... ugh.

I’m embarrassed to post...

suki44883 10-31-2018 09:55 PM

Please don't be embarrassed to post. That is the whole reason we are here. You are hardly the first person to relapse. It isn't the end of the world.

What kind of support do you have? What can you do differently this time? We are always here to support you, but also having some face-to-face support is even better.

Make this the last time you have to start over. You can do this.

Wholesome 10-31-2018 10:10 PM

Moderating? I thought you quit?

We all know there's no such thing as moderating for people like us.

Weren't you using AVRT? What happened to your BP?

You can do this. Drinking sucks and you hate it. Remember?

Wolfchow 10-31-2018 10:11 PM

Don’t be embarrassed at all. I have yet to meet the alcoholic who got it to stick in the first go. For that matter I don’t think I’ve met one who got it on the second. Having a relapse is a moment to learn from and let’s you bolster your defenses against a trigger you may not have seen before. A mistake is only a failure if you dont learn anything from it. My mom used to tell me that and it got me through my first few relapses. The people here are so supportive and understanding and we would never take it upon ourselves to judge another addict. If no one has told you this yet today know that I love you and I have faith in you!

getright15 10-31-2018 10:35 PM

We have all had relapses. Wake up tomorrow and be sober one day at a time. Do you go to meetings, or have a sponsor to work with?

Dee74 10-31-2018 10:42 PM

Welcome back nowsthetime :)

I remember even know looking in the mirror and seeing the shame and pain in my eyes. You really truly never have to feel this way again - if you're uo for change?

How about it? :)

D

August252015 11-01-2018 03:12 AM

Glad you shared.

With God willing (so to speak- I know He is) and through my dedicated AA plan, this is my one and only quit. I don't have a relapse in me. That said, I know it would be terrible to have to "come back" and am proud of you and every single person who does.

Do you truly want to quit for good?

lessgravity 11-01-2018 08:31 AM

Sorry to hear. Moderation doesn't exist. If you don't need to moderate you can, if you need to moderate you can't. Never met a person who is an exception to that rule.

ljc267 11-01-2018 08:34 AM

There is nothing to be embarrassed about here. **** we all are or have been embarrassed by our actions. That's why we're here.

Anna 11-01-2018 09:39 AM

I hope that you decide to stop drinking for good. :)

Hevyn 11-01-2018 01:20 PM

Glad to see you, Nowsthetime - I hope you'll keep talking to us. We care about you.

least 11-01-2018 01:35 PM

I didn't 'get it' the first time either. Nor the second time... But I kept trying til I finally got it right. Keep trying! :hug:

Dee74 11-01-2018 02:44 PM

hows it going nowsthetime?

D