Notices

God Grant Me The Serenity - Living Life on Lifes Terms

Old 10-31-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God Grant Me The Serenity - Living Life on Lifes Terms

Hey guys,
It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here and I haven’t been going to a lot of meetings lately. *Danger Will Robinson Danger* I thought this was a good plan until I get my butt to a meeting. The last 3 months have been incredibly trying. My girlfriend and I came back from a month long trip driving up to Banff, AB. It was absolutely incredible! After that I settled into “getting back into a routine” mode and hit a lot of meetings, looked for a work and did my best to stay busy. I finally landed a contract job which was initially great but the boss turned out to be a major d-bag/abusive type. I quit the job and have since landed something with a great boss and a more pay but is an hour from my home group. I feel like I’ve got to be grateful for the job I have although it is not allowing me to go to the meetings I went to in Boulder.
Another point of huge stress has been the relationship with my girlfriend. In earlier posts I wrote about how I moved from a cabin in the mountains down to her townhome in the city this past February. It has been a really huge adjustment! On top of that I hung out with a homeless friend earlier this year and he gave me dust mites which we haven’t been able to get rid of since March. Unbelievable and no good deed goes unpunished..lol! Needless to say a lot of this has dragged on because my girlfriend does not want to use any toxins to spray to get rid of them and she thinks I have a medical condition. It’s been really frustrating guys. We’re seeing an allergist on Friday to identify my allergies and then hopefully will get our home tested for allergens.
So things got so bad with the allergens at the place that I’ve been forced to stay at airbnb’s until we figure it out. I’ve got a lot of resentment over this with her which I’m working through with my sponsor and closed mouth friend. Anyway, guys I know this isn’t the most cherriest of messages but through all of this I haven’t had a drink in close to 21 months. I remain vigilant and do what I need to do to stay sober. My life depends on it!
Thanks, God Bless and my God Grant Us All Serenity.
Garrison
Old 10-31-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can work through things relationshipwise and find peace, one way or the other Garrison.

I hope you can find regular support too to fit in with your hours - remember we're always here

D