Notices

Trying to quit...again.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Trying to quit...again.

Hi,

I haven't posted in 3 years. I am back on the wagon. Its day 3 (I've had too many of those). I am currently dealing with the fact that I just lost my biggest client for my catering company, which has affected my finances and also my mental well being. I figured since I do not have near the income I am accustomed to and I have been really wanting to quit, now would be the perfect time. I re-enrolled in college and am scared that I might be taking things a little too far, too fast. I need a healthy distraction from the alcohol. Idle hands are my devils playground.
I just felt like I needed to post to get it off my chest. Hoping to be successful this time around.

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Dominica, and congrats on 3 days. Sounds like you do have a lot going on, but as long as you make sobriety a priority you can definitely do it.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back. I had a lot of day threes too.
You can do it. Quit that is. It took me many fits and starts to finally get some sober time, and I was a very heavy drinker.
Congratulations on college, that's awesome. And yes free time can lead to temptation.

If it's the perfect time to quit, jump on the wagon and get started.
You can't go wrong by not drinking.
We're all still here for you, so stick around.
Best to you.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back Dominica.... hang in there sweetie... This too shall pass and you’ll be back in charge again... One day at a time..🙂
Old 10-30-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Dom - I'm sorry to read you're still struggling but I'm glad you're back.

What are you doing differently this time?

D
Old 10-30-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How about expanding your business to online sales, if you're not already doing that? Or even selling catering gadgets (can't think of the word) on Ebay or through facebook groups? It would serve to keep you occupied whilst rebuilding customer bases. Just a thought.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I remember you, Dominica. I'm so glad you came back. You sound ready to do this!
Old 10-30-2018, 06:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I understand what you mean about "too far, too fast." For me, that was a serious concern as I wanted to tackle everything that was wrong with my life all at once. As it turns out, I could only focus on the very basics at first: Don't drink, no matter WHAT. Drink tons of water. Read lots of books. Take walks, but try not to overdo it. Eat whatever sounds good. Sleep, sleep, and more sleep. We are here for you.