Notices

A milestone!

Old 10-23-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A milestone!

Well I got surprised tonight. At the conclusion of a successful and year long work endeavor, everyone around me ganged up on me and presented me with a dozen roses and insisted on taking my picture and saying nice things to me.

This is a first for me and the picture proves it. My skin was flushed from being caught by surprise and not used to being the center of attention, and I’ve never seen that particular expression on my face before.

This never, ever, ever happened when I was drinking... nothing even close to it. Driving home, I was thinking about how the feelings I was feeling were new and as such a little uncomfortable, but not in a bad way, just, totally foreign.

I’ve done this work before, while drinking, and done it competently, but not nearly as gracefully. At the conclusion, I’ve been politely acknowledged and we all move on. This was totally different.

I’m so happy that I’m having a hard time going to sleep. Just sitting up with my cat on my lap looking at these flowers and thinking about the sentiment in them; one that would have never been deserved or given if I’d not been able to be my best and real self.

I’m so grateful for this journey, as hard as it’s been here and there, especially in the beginning. When we say sobriety opens new doors, this is what that is. You could never have convinced me that in October of 2018, something like this would happen. It’s small, but very significant.

I wish I could give this feeling to everyone here who is struggling. There is nothing as wonderful as letting yourself be your best. It feels sometimes like it’s not great, and then you get swept off your feet by the little things you missed out on before. This is 100% from sobriety.

What’s the feeling? I’m proud of myself. It’s a milestone.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Bexxed

D
Old 10-23-2018, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations, and thanks for the inspiring post.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow what a lovely post. Thank you for sharing. Sobriety is beautiful!!
Old 10-23-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations! You start to see all the good things in life sober and good things start happening. When I was drinking my skin was red, I had acne all over my back and on my face. When I stopped I started getting colour back to my face.

I may be wrong but this is a sign of good circulation.

Treat yourself to a nice cold glass of filtered water with ice. That's what I do. Iced water is my special little treat. It's not in replacement for alcohol, it's just a drink I enjoy sometimes.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Beautiful post Bexxed x inspiring x well done
Old 10-23-2018, 10:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LOVE this post so much! I'm so happy you got the recognition you deserve and are feeling proud of yourself.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very happy for you and what a wonderful feeling being proud is! Go you!
Old 10-23-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Really great to hear! Congrats on your achievement and thanks so much for sharing!
Old 10-23-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's awesome Bexxed!!!
Old 10-23-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How wonderful to read your post Bexxed. Congratulations, I could feel your pride beaming out, a wonderful feeling and thank you for sharing. It keeps me inspired. SP