Notices

Almost 6 months sober and I've found my new role model

Old 10-23-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mcconnth2017 View Post
Day 145 sober. I am definitely eating healthier and now have time to exercise regularly. I have lost nearly 30 lbs in my almost 5 months sober.
Fantastic news! Congrats on the 145 days and the weight loss.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!! Am right with us at 6 months and readt to make otjer changes too!

You cracked me up with your plant comment 😂😂😂
Old 10-23-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

Originally Posted by 16YearsDrunk View Post
I've researched all of this before making any decision. I've spoke with many people who eat a raw fruit based diet. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing.

The processed foods, and the meat, we put into our bodies is what causes deficiencies and problems. It's been said, and there's evidence, that humans are fruitivors. Once your body adjusts there will be no deficiencies. This isn't really a fad diet, it's well researched.

I've done 2 days with pure fruit and water. I feel great to be honest. Sometimes you just have to follow your instincts and let nature heal you.

Humans have survived all this time without processed food, GM food, and steroid fed animals. The reason humans have problems today with nutrition and diet is because of the junk we put in.

I really don't want to get into a discussion about it though. My mind is made up and I'm actively trying this. If it fails, I learned a lesson. Sometimes you have to put your foot forward and trust your body.
Not sure why you wouldn't want to discuss vegetarian diets with a vegan who hasn't eaten meat in over 30 years, but you're reading some incorrect info if you think you'll get B12 on a fruitarian diet without fortified foods, supplements or eating dirt. When I went vegan, I developed a D3 deficiency after 3 years which was well-masked in how it manifested itself.

I wasn't trying to dissuade you from doing a fruitarian diet; I just said you should get panels drawn periodically. Ok, I'll bug off now.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dcg View Post
Not sure why you wouldn't want to discuss vegetarian diets with a vegan who hasn't eaten meat in over 30 years, but you're reading some incorrect info if you think you'll get B12 on a fruitarian diet without fortified foods, supplements or eating dirt. When I went vegan, I developed a D3 deficiency after 3 years which was well-masked in how it manifested itself.

I wasn't trying to dissuade you from doing a fruitarian diet; I just said you should get panels drawn periodically. Ok, I'll bug off now.
Apologies, I got the wrong end of the stick there.

From my understanding a frutarian diet is one that consists of around 70% fruits. The other % can be whatever you like/need so this includes eating foods that will make up for any deficiencies. The healthier the better.

I was vegan a couple of years ago too and I developed a B12 deficiency and ended up animic as a result. It wasn't working out and in the end I slipped out of the vegan diet. The alcohol didn't help.

My primary choice for doing this diet is because of my predisposition to Cancer. As an alcoholic I've put my body through a horrible time too so I need to get rid of the waste, and the fat. Started exercising on the day I made the switch too. In general I feel fantastic. Haven't felt this positive in my life before. It's a new feeling and one I am enjoying very much.

I don't agree with unnatural supplements, but I will happily eat anything to make up for the deficiencies. Like gardening, I would rather pay close attention to my body and spot and treat deficiencies as they arise as opposed to a one size fits all guideline. If that makes any sense. I'm sat here eating some raw nuts with a bit of dark chocolate

I will get regular panels done though. Reminded me, I need to get that sorted tomorrow.

Great work on staying vegan for 30 years though!