Notices

Does anyone pretend to be a drinker

Old 10-22-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Remember the ‘ignore’ feature

Opi,

i’m sorry that outburst happened to you. You do not deserve it. No one does. Bullying is bullying, and our administrative staff will address these people.

Most of us are very supportive here on SR and should not need to be reminded. For a few members here I have hit the ‘ignore’ button, and it has helped prevent these people from purposely hurting me.

i urge you and anyone else Who is the victim of bullying or mean behavior on this site to hit that button

unfortunately with my iPhone I have not been able to find it, but I can on my iPad and I can on my computer.

((((Opi)))))

Old 10-22-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I sent you a return PM Free - thanks

I'd just like to remind everyone: disagreements are fine... so long as we keep the discourse & language respectful and civil

Dee
SR
Old 10-23-2018, 01:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Calling me a bully is a serious allegation and you have known me on this site long enough Free to know that I am far from being a bully and have been very supportive to you and many others in the past.

Using the word "disgusting" was a poor choice of words on my part and I should have used "inappropriate". Also rather than use the word "nasty" I should have said "uncalled for". This has taught me to be a little more considered in my choice of words in future however I stand behind the sentiment of my comment.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:54 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's time to get back to the Original Poster and their original post/Topic.

Any follow ups stemming from whatever personal remarks can be made via PM,

thanks

Dee
SR
Old 10-23-2018, 12:43 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

When I was drinking I was always pretending to be someone I was not.
Now that I am sober there is no pretending with me.
I have had clients tell me I deserve a drink or time off, etc... I am so comfortable in my sobriety I tell them "no alcohol here, I am a recovering alcoholic" then they suggest a bubble bath.
I am not ashamed of where I have been and honestly to see their faces when I say it is priceless the shock. HA!
Old 10-26-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

My 40th bday

In about a month i am having my 40th, which i have two tables at a cocktail event (organised well before sobriety)...friends are flying in from everywhere...im not nervous that i will drink at all but im not sure i can deal with all the cheers and explaining on my bday ...so im thinking of asking the event to supply a couple of bottles of non alcoholic wine for me (which im sure they will). I dont think i have to explain to anyone...if i thought i was decieving myself i wouldnt do it. My health (mental and physical) is so crap right now drinking doesnt even cross my mind. I will have my close ones (who know) close by me and i am staying in the hotel so i can take some time out when i need as the anxiety is what worries me.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

My view on it is, there's been so many people with alcohol problems that it's perfectly normal to be at events where alcohol is being served and see people opt out of drinking any. I'm around people like that on a fairly regular basis. They don't make an issue of it and those that are drinking don't make an issue of it either.

Recovering alcoholics aren't rare.