Notices

My DUI Sentencing Revealed

Old 10-19-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My DUI Sentencing Revealed

As many of you know I was freaking out since I had a DUI. My BAC was above the aggrevated limit so I was facing some significant punishment.

I've never been arrested or faced any kind of criminal charges in my life. Furthermore, my license hasn't had any points in a decade!!!

However everyone on these forums helped keep me calm during these frightening times. So thank you for that.

My lawyer got my charge down to an "impaired" level which is technically below a regular "intoxicated" charge as I mentioned. Despite concrete blood test results.

This resulted in the following DMV sanctions:

90 days on a restricted license - I get my license back in full after this period.
4pts added to my license

It also resulted in the following court punishment:

Nearly 2 years of probation with RANDOM testing and Supervision.

Around a $2000 dollar fine

A MADD Victim Impact Panel

Lastly, 50 hours of community service

I haven't had a drink since the incident which was about 3 months ago. I don't intend on drinking again.

I am greatful I have another chance at life to make things right with the courts and become a better person!
Old 10-19-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great news Jad!
Old 10-19-2018, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

What a relief, Jad. Good things are going to come out of this. Happy for you.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's really good news. And, I'm glad you're sober and making the most of this opportunity.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to hear there is no jail time. Hopefully you can find some peace now. Well done on not drinking sir.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

so very proud of you. hold on to the MAAD for these families will show you why drinking and driving affects so many.. and the last thing you want in your life forever is the face of the family that is no more.. worked with MAAD in Tallahassee Florida for several years.. one Dec my busy fingers tied red ribbons on 4500 cars and the traffic problems went down a lot I mean a lot. for the first time in 10 years Tallahassee did not have 1 person killed by a drunk driver.. was so proud of all of those people and families Dec 1999...
and then Jan 10 2000 on an early Sat morning in the daylight this kid going to a forced driving class almost wiped me out. followed them to the class and with the officer in charges permission lit in to that dummy big time.. try to change my life now I have the right to lean on you for as long as FarField allowed.. sorry .. kiddo never drink and drive please.. promise this old lady clown. hugs and prayers

Originally Posted by Jad123 View Post
As many of you know I was freaking out since I had a DUI. My BAC was above the aggrevated limit so I was facing some significant punishment.

I've never been arrested or faced any kind of criminal charges in my life. Furthermore, my license hasn't had any points in a decade!!!

However everyone on these forums helped keep me calm during these frightening times. So thank you for that.

My lawyer got my charge down to an "impaired" level which is technically below a regular "intoxicated" charge as I mentioned. Despite concrete blood test results.

This resulted in the following DMV sanctions:

90 days on a restricted license - I get my license back in full after this period.
4pts added to my license

It also resulted in the following court punishment:

Nearly 2 years of probation with RANDOM testing and Supervision.

Around a $2000 dollar fine

A MADD Victim Impact Panel

Lastly, 50 hours of community service

I haven't had a drink since the incident which was about 3 months ago. I don't intend on drinking again.

I am greatful I have another chance at life to make things right with the courts and become a better person!
Old 10-19-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your responses.

I'm glad to see that this experience can be turned from a negative into a positive. I say that since there was no accident, property damage or injury involved.

There is no need to worry about drinking and driving for me again. Like I said, I don't intend on drinking ever again. Even hypothetically If I was drunk after probation ended I would rather crawl home, spend the night outside in the cold, rent a hotel or motel room, call an uber, lift or cab, call my parents, family or friends. Or ANYTHING else besides drinking and driving.

#1 it simply isn't worth interupting my life for. I intend on spreading good and being good. I cannot do that if I drive when drunk.

#2 If I injured someone or damaged property I dont know how I could live with myself. Getting in trouble for my own decisions is one thing. But if my decisions hurt other people or property that would be different.

thanks again for your support
Old 10-19-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have a healthy and determined attitude that will take you far. Good job.

ps. If I could add one bit of advice, pay attention during the MADD victim impact panel. Its an eye opener.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're through the sentencing, I know that was really stressing you out. Congratulations on staying sober and staying out of jail. Wishing you all the best!
Old 10-19-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you ever feel tempted again which I hope you won't as you are sober now. Just walk out to the car and ask yourself honestly if you are capable of driving. I can guarantee if you are truly honest with yourself you will go back inside. I have had 2 duis both dodbed in. My last was 9 years ago. Hope you remember this as I am only trying to help.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's fantastic news, and so is three months sobriety!
Old 10-19-2018, 09:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's fantastic news, and so is three months sobriety!