SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Six Years Sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/433270-six-years-sober.html)

MythOfSisyphus 10-18-2018 01:28 AM

Six Years Sober

Well, I kind of goofed...after a month or so of watching my 6th sober anniversary creeping up on me I got busy and forgot. Well, nothing really Earth shaking to it. Life has settled into a nice rhythm now. No, my life isn't perfect to be sure, and I still have bad days and problems like anyone. But at least now my problems aren't all self inflicted!

Now and then I like to search my old posts back to my very first one. It's amazing to think that that effed up guy was me! I think that lots of folks with some good sober time will tell that no matter how bad you are, you can get better. No one is a lost cause and it's never too late to improve your situation so long as you're on the green side of the lawn.

Thanks to all my SR peeps! Especially in the beginning you folks picked up me and carried me when I couldn't take another step alone. I'll never forget that. Hopefully I can pay that forward to folks just starting this journey towards a sober life.

I've been pretty busy with work as of late so I haven't been here as much as normal, but I do try to log in quick every day. I appreciate you guys! And remember sobriety isn't always easy but it's always worth it.:grouphug:

Dee74 10-18-2018 01:45 AM

Congratulations MoS :)

D

Notimetoloose 10-18-2018 02:08 AM

Congratulations MOS...truelly wonderful ; )

Culture 10-18-2018 02:10 AM

Congrats on 6 years MythOfSisyphus :c011: what a fantastic achievement .

doggonecarl 10-18-2018 05:09 AM

Wonderful milestone!

Delilah1 10-18-2018 06:36 AM

Congratulations on six years, that's a huge accomplishment!!!!:vg

Fearlessat50 10-18-2018 06:54 AM

So great! Congrats!

saoutchik 10-18-2018 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations on 6 years MythOfSisyphus! Fantastic achievement.

ps I just Googled Myth of Sysyphus - interesting.

Newme2018 10-18-2018 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus (Post 7035932)
Well, I kind of goofed...after a month or so of watching my 6th sober anniversary creeping up on me I got busy and forgot. Well, nothing really Earth shaking to it. Life has settled into a nice rhythm now. No, my life isn't perfect to be sure, and I still have bad days and problems like anyone. But at least now my problems aren't all self inflicted!

Now and then I like to search my old posts back to my very first one. It's amazing to think that that effed up guy was me! I think that lots of folks with some good sober time will tell that no matter how bad you are, you can get better. No one is a lost cause and it's never too late to improve your situation so long as you're on the green side of the lawn.

Thanks to all my SR peeps! Especially in the beginning you folks picked up me and carried me when I couldn't take another step alone. I'll never forget that. Hopefully I can pay that forward to folks just starting this journey towards a sober life.

I've been pretty busy with work as of late so I haven't been here as much as normal, but I do try to log in quick every day. I appreciate you guys! And remember sobriety isn't always easy but it's always worth it.:grouphug:

Huge congrats on your 6th sober anniversary! That's what I'm feeling now....lnow....like a lost cause...everyone I love hates me...cant trust me...and I'm a horrible person. Day 3 for me....i know I can do this! My weakness is the weekends and social gatherings...but it's all out there now for me. Everyone I love knows...so no hiding it now. Only option is to get better! Blessings to you and your sobriety!

lessgravity 10-18-2018 05:23 PM

MOS - you were one of the people here from the beginning for me with wisdom and support. I'm really happy to hear about your sober time - what a great thing you have done with your life and given yourself. Just awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Hevyn 10-18-2018 06:04 PM

6 years! We're so proud of you, MOS. :)

Zebra1275 10-18-2018 06:07 PM

Congratulations on 6 years!

Lorax1981 10-19-2018 02:47 AM

Thumbs way up, great job!

emme99 10-19-2018 03:16 AM

Congratulations on 6 years MythOfSisyphus! :)

MythOfSisyphus 10-20-2018 01:28 AM

Thanks everone!:You_Rock_

Soberwolf 10-20-2018 01:31 AM

Loved seeing this well done the man the myth the legend :grouphug:

Meraviglioso 10-20-2018 02:06 AM

Congratulations to you!!!

neferkamichael 10-20-2018 02:25 AM

MythOfSisyphus, 6 years sober is just FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya. :egypt:

https://i.postimg.cc/3N9c3VJk/whiteone.jpg

theVman31 10-20-2018 03:26 AM

Very inspiring.
Congratulations.

FeelingGreat 10-20-2018 07:24 AM

Hey M of S, you're from my vintage. I started in April, you later in the year. Congratulations, it's a great life without the poison.