SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Done. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/433182-done.html)

dena00 10-15-2018 07:40 AM

Done.

I've finally gotten to the point where I can REALLY see how much better I feel when I don't drink. I've had some great nights of sleep that I NEVER get when I drink. I'm tired of the extra weight I've gained from pushing down my emotions with wine and food. I'm tired of looking tired and completely sick of the anxiety I feel from drinking. It's starting to effect my performance at work. I'm a single mother. Loneliness and stress are big issues for me, but drinking isn't helping. My life has to change. I need to be here and I need all of you. Your stories have helped me more than I can tell you.

soberandhonest 10-15-2018 07:45 AM

Welcome Dena. You've come to the right place. Lots of support, zero judgment. you can do this and we are all here to answer questions, give you a little motivation, and provide lots of support.

Giggler4life 10-15-2018 08:04 AM

Welcome Dena! I was a single mom for a long time and I know how stressful it is, and how easy it is to turn to the bottle for relief. I'm glad you're here. You got this!

PalmerSage 10-15-2018 08:13 AM

Welcome Dena! You sound like how I felt towards the end of my drinking...just completely OVER it. How can we help?

Ghostlight1 10-15-2018 08:41 AM

Sounds like you've realized the negatives of drinking and how they're affecting your life.
The good news is, that can change.
You've found a good place for help stopping drinking.
It took me awhile to quit, but eventually I've gotten a daily reprieve from alcohol.
I hope you can stop and experience life sober, it's such a joy to me.
Best to you.

Anna 10-15-2018 09:04 AM

Welcome, Dena!

I'm glad you have made the choice to live a sober life.

Tinkerbeau 10-15-2018 10:10 AM

Hi Dena i could of written your post it is exactly how i feel. Im a single mam too always trying to find comfort in the wrong place ..alcohol...and ending up more lonely and sad. lets hope we can both turn our lives around

apollo986 10-15-2018 10:18 AM

Welcome aboard Dena!

joandmelandhan 10-15-2018 10:31 AM

Welcome to SR Dena. As a single mum too I very much relate to where you are now. Stuffing wine and snacks down my neck to obliterate everything. Oh yes I did that with bells on - of course for me until it started to become very dangerous and scary.
I can happily tell you that life on the other side is utterly wonderful. Okay yes life is still life but being a reliable and present mum to my girls is such a gift. You can do it too! I look forward to seeing more of you around and please stay close and post as much as you need to.
Take care xxx

Dee74 10-15-2018 05:30 PM

Welcome aboard Dena :)

D

Hevyn 10-15-2018 05:55 PM

It's great to have you with us, Dena.

It took me too long to figure out that alcohol was not an answer for stress. The fun & relaxation it once gave me was long gone. I was dependent on it, & it had become a necessity. It felt so good to get free. I'm glad you're realizing you don't need it in your life.

Free2bme888 10-15-2018 06:01 PM

Welcome Dena and welcome tinkerbeau!

So wonderful to have you join us

Fearlessat50 10-15-2018 06:27 PM

Hi Dena, It is great that you are reaching out to this forum! There’s a lot of support here. I do not know what it’s like to be a single mom (though sometimes Dad is less involved than I would like. Lol) but I am a special needs parent and do relate to the isolation and loneliness, stress and anxiety and the urge to want to escape it all and drink it all away. For me it has taken a complete change of mentality and lifestyle to achieve complete sobriety. I have done therapy, yoga, meditation, checking in regularly here, overall healthy eating and new exercise habits, change of friendships. It was difficult in the beginning but I am so much happier now being sober. I’m sure you will find the same!

Atlast9999 10-15-2018 06:36 PM

Welcome Dena. Glad to have you join us.

vegas34 10-16-2018 05:15 PM

Welcome, I'm new too (7 days) and this group of people are amazing and always here for each other!

least 10-16-2018 07:51 PM

Welcome to the family. :) I hope our support can help you achieve lasting sobriety. :grouphug:

August252015 10-16-2018 11:31 PM

Glad you are here!