Notices

6 months - a life reclaimed

Old 10-18-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

"The values that I have wihin me were always injured and stifled by my returns to the bottle. Those values are the same ones that today I am able to access and elevate as a sober person."

That beautiful!
When our actions are consistent with our values we participate in life in a way we can feel good about, regardless of external circumstances. Conversely, when our behavior violates our values it’s almost impossible to feel good about ourselves—no matter the outcome or external circumstances.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrandNewDay11 View Post
Congrats LG! I hit 5 months on the 5th of October, and it honestly feels like so much longer. My life has been a bit chaotic as of late, yet being free from the vice of alcohol has made it so much easier to tackle.
It's good to see you BND - we are on the same general time line, and "life" line as well I think. Yes for me it both feels longer than 6 months and also like this is still so brand new - brand new especially in the gifts sobriety brings. My life is also very intense - new business, new baby etc. Nothing I am able to do now I could have done if I was still drinking. Congrats on 5 months.