Notices

If You Knew The World Was Going To End Tomorrow

Old 10-11-2018, 10:20 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by AtomicBlue View Post
No. But, I might have a cigarette
I started again in rehab. They taste like crap, particularly the first one after a long time without 'em! Quit again 120 days after my alcohol sobriety date.

If I were to do anything it would be to drop acid.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:27 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hey, thanks for the question. I’m only 15 months sober now, but when I read your question I thought to myself , “Why the hell would I want to do that?”

My next thought was “Cool. I’m happy that was my mind’s reaction.”

Last edited by Houndheart; 10-11-2018 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-12-2018, 12:04 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

This question gets posed from time to time. I imagine there was a point in early sobriety when I'd have said why not drink if the world was ending but now I woudn't want to. Drinking made me miserable and nearly ruined my life, no way I'm gonna give it another bite at the apple. If the world was ending I'd want to go out sober and in control of my faculties.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:38 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
I started again in rehab. They taste like crap, particularly the first one after a long time without 'em! Quit again 120 days after my alcohol sobriety date.

If I were to do anything it would be to drop acid.
Acid terrified me on a bright sunny weekend.
Taking it at the end of the world seems like overkill on the surrealism to me, lol.

I really hope you get over that AV loophole there MM.

D
Old 10-12-2018, 01:26 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

This is an interesting question. I probably would have a drink but I am really early days.

It’s great to see that everyone with any amount of sober time thinks it is a bizarre question. Once you know that if the world is going to end and having a final drunk is the last thing you want to do shows us newbies what is important in life and alcohol is not on that list. I shall work towards that day.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:28 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eddiebuckle View Post
I think I'd try skydiving, since there would be very little downside. Oh, and a donut or six, but no booze. I'd rather not go out as a drunken slob.
I highly recommend it; it's a blast and what a view for the apocalypse, albeit 2 dimensional/map like, lol
Old 10-12-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I’ve asked myself this question before. I’ve heard others ask a similar question- if you knew you were going to die from cancer or whatever, why not just drink? The reason why I wouldn’t drink is because at the end of my drinking days, drinking was not fun anymore . It did not make me feel good. It was horrible in every way.

Now, I’ve had morphine once in my life after a surgery. That, I would do. I’d do it, then go skydiving.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:37 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we'll leave it here.

I appreciate folks being are honest, and maybe even tongue in cheek...but I'm not sure the 'I wouldn't drink but I'd do x y or z drugs' type posts are the best thing for Newcomers Forum, or struggling newcomers.

Thread closed.

From our rule 2:

The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. ....It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.
Dee
SR