Notices

Day 3 and Super Tired and Cranky

Old 10-08-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Been on edge not with anxiety, but with fatigue mixed with everything being an annoyance! The co worker tossing his salad, the negative news, a convoluted email, the driver in front of me. Just want to take a hot bath and crawl in bed. But I gotta finish work. AV is laying low for now...
Old 10-08-2018, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there!
Old 10-08-2018, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hot bath, hot chocolate, clean sheets.
A nice book or old movie you love.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh man, I've totally been there. The irritability is the absolute worst, but the good news is, it gets way better. Just try to remember that all you need to do in the very early days is spoil yourself, rest as much as possible, and not kill anyone.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

When I could rip the head off a bear, I tried to focus on the things I was grateful for - it hard to do that the first few times, but it gets easier....and the irritability will pass PinnacleOR

D
Old 10-08-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well I’m glad to report I didn’t kill, maim or behead any people or bears today. Deep breathing, stayed present and largely contained myself at work. Now home grateful for my dogs unconditional affection, a warm place on a cold rainy day and a deeply comfy sofa.

And no booze.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds about right. Early days are tough. I had false starts for 4 months before I decided enough was enough. Hang in there.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Physical withdrawal is rough, but you should be done with the worst of it. It does get better, as long as you stay sober!
Old 10-09-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang tough, its worth it!
Old 10-09-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinnacleOR View Post
Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Been on edge not with anxiety, but with fatigue mixed with everything being an annoyance! The co worker tossing his salad, the negative news, a convoluted email, the driver in front of me. Just want to take a hot bath and crawl in bed. But I gotta finish work. AV is laying low for now...
Some days are just some days.

My personal philosophy is some days I just don't have it. A hot bath and bed - self-compassion and self-care I call it - sounds like a great idea.

Beats the heck out of destroying yourself with poison as a means of coping...

Keep trucking.

-B
Old 10-10-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Pin,

My safe place was my bed. God gave me that one place where, when I layed my head on the pillow, the world would slow down.

I didn't always sleep,well, but at least I had some peace from the hell of normalzing.

I also routinely practiced jiu jitsu from day 1, which seems crazy, but it helped.

When I got to my final white belt promotion level I had...I didn't die....inscribed on my belt.

I have a bad shoulder that has been getting well for over 2 years. I am stronger now than ever and am ready to start round 2 of my jiu jitsu journey.

I say sr saved my life, but that hard jiu jitsu training gave me tons of endorphins and adrenaline that helped the mental healing.

Jiu jitsu was the reason I was binge drinking in the end. I was training for a tournament. Total insanity really.

Hope this helps in some way.

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Beginning Day 5 today! A few work meetings but otherwise a manageable day. Will stay close and keep posting.

D122, yes, I used to be very into fitness. I like the idea of a martial art, not just fitness but a practice.