Notices

How to kill downtime

Old 10-10-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mns1 View Post
TJV my therapist recommended I try to get out and interact with people more too. The thing is, I am a textbook introvert, so I am intimidated by big groups or meeting people I don’t know. So he said that just being around people is good enough. For example, going to a cafe to read or do work or just people-watch, or seeing a movie by yourself on a Friday night when the theater is busy. I saw the movie Venom this past Saturday and it was kind of nice to be in a full theater, being a part of a group reacting to scenes in the movie. The goal he said is just to be among other people, even if you are not necessarily interacting with them directly.
That's a great point! Just being in the presence of people can be beneficial as well.

I like busy airports... people think I am nuts. I embrace the chaos!
Old 10-10-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I also work from home three days a week and the nearby mall was renovated to have a large, open courtyard in the center of it. It is basically a large internet cafe with shops surrounding it (including the obvious Starbucks in the middle). I really need to go there on my "work from home" days just to be in the presence of people... also recommended by my counselor.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

One more note... I go to a lot of movies, concerts, and sporting events on my own. I encourage everyone to do that. You can connect with others who have similar interests or just be in the presence of others with similar interests.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

TJV I have yet to attend a sporting event solo. I definitely would be down to try that. Not a big concert guy. I love music but concerts are a little too loud with a little too many people for me lol
Old 10-11-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You could run an online business.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Originally Posted by Gerard52 View Post
You could run an online business.
Gerard great idea I’ve been brainstorming this