Notices

Weekender Thread 5-8 October 2018

Old 10-08-2018, 11:32 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Way to go, Spiritman!
Old 10-08-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Mr

Well done for choosing to come back mns1. Sometimes it can be hard to not go at it hell for leather once it gets back in the system so just be vigilant.

Nice job spiritman..

I think the weekender and its good people helped me loads since I joined SR. I owe you guys. Very grateful.!

I took this during the summer and it is one of my favorite photos. It's mini vman and her 1st cousin. Friends for life :

So goodnight weekenders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20181008_205405_065.jpg (83.4 KB, 71 views)
Old 10-08-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I went to the zoo to visit the gorillas. They were sleeping. It was raining. I'm home and have some well-sugared hot tea with milk to warm me up.

Sao, pizza is all three macros in pretty good ratios. It's the perfect diet food.

Darling pic, Vman.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

That is a wonderful pic, Vman.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by mns1 View Post
Drank yesterday while out watching football. Day 1 again.

The craving I got was intense. I know the setting was a major part of the issue. Going to avoid that for now.

Ugh.
Not beating you up mns but if I always drank at a football game, and went to a football game with no real action plan against drinking or cravings, I would always drink.

I wasn't a football guy but I was a sitting around with mates and drinking guy.

It was like 'if I go here and be with those guys and do this and eat that and drink it's not *really* my fault'...

I needed to stop that.
I was passively allowing myself to drink.

My AV was active, so I had to be active against it.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
That is a wonderful pic, Vman.
Yeah, it is Vman - thanks for sharing!

D
Old 10-08-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

I’m watching a great comedy right now from 1958: it’s called Houseboat, and it stars Cary Grant and Sophia Loren.

It’s about a divorced dad whose ex-wife dies, leaving him with three kids who detest him!

It’s both cute and hilarious! Very witty!
Old 10-08-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I love that movie
Old 10-08-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Cute pic vman. When my daughter was about that age, there was a little boy in her class who wanted to marry her.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:20 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Gilmer, I have Houseboat on dvd, and I remember seeing it when I was a child.
I hope you enjoyed it.
I might re-watch it again soon, thanks for the memory-jog
Old 10-08-2018, 10:11 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning, great pic VMan! I expect your daughter is a fluent French speaker.

After yesterday's long day I fell asleep at 10pm last night.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:27 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday all.

Had a good night last night, working later tonight and tomorrow and then off on a mini holiday to Manchester on Sunday.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:55 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning All! Gilmer - Great film, they don’t make em like that any more lol. Mms - Dust yourself off, tweak your recovery plan and learn from the challenge! Vman - adorable photo!

I have a big day tomorrow that could change my daily routine and circumstances significantly from what it is at the moment and I am nervous as heck. Don’t want to say to much incase I tempt fate but just needed to get it out to bring down the anxiety. Got all the organic veg arriving in an hour for my first week of my 28 day juice fast! How exciting x
Old 10-09-2018, 03:46 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Good morning folks.

Saturday morning coffee is best, but Tuesday morning coffee will have to do. What a wonderful childhood moment captured in that pic. I’d enjoy walking amongst that pretty countryside. Nice location.

Wishing everyone the best day.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:52 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning, off to work after a nice long weekend. Blah. Hope to get an early start for an early finish.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:02 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Happy 100 days Tynesider22!
Old 10-09-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Well, the weekend (and a day) is over. I didn't get a chance to post here at all. The babysitting was a full time job. My hats off to all you parents out there. By the time I did have a chance to sit down and try to read and post, I was dead tired and just went to bed.

I did want to share something though.

I had a 300 mile drive home yesterday afternoon. Traffic was just horrible the entire way. As I neared my house around 9:00 PM, I got an *urge* to stop at the restaurant down the street for a glass of wine and a bite to eat. I realized that this was "romancing the drink", there was not a physical craving for the wine, as I thought about sitting in the nice bar area, chatting it up with the bartender, ordering an appetizer, my nice glass of Chardonnay in my hand. Kind of like the stuff ya see in the movies.

While I was thinking of this, I thought to myself "But I don't even like the taste of it"! I then told myself that there was no reason to have a glass of wine at 9 PM, it would disrupt my sleep and give me a headache and for what? To have that "nice" image in my mind? It just isn't necessary. But the thought of going there and just chatting with the bartender, having the appetizer and NO wine was not at all appealing to me. So fascinating.

So instead, I drove right past the place and came on home, fixed myself some sparking water with a splash of natural cranberry juice and reheated some smoked brisket I had in the frig. Read a few chapters in the book I am reading and went to bed.

Instead of trying to nurse a headache this morning, I am up bright and early having my second cup of pumpkin spice coffee.

I hope you all had a good weekend! I'll look for you again here this weekend!
Old 10-09-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Way to reason with yourself, LHW! Well done!
Old 10-09-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Good luck Mantalady.

Sao, is 10PM late or early? I'm in bed by 9 every night. Of course that means being up at 4AM. I love the early mornings now that I don't drink, and I always called myself a night person. No guilt, fear, racing heart, what-did-I-buy-online regrets.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Good luck Mantalady.

Sao, is 10PM late or early? I'm in bed by 9 every night. Of course that means being up at 4AM. I love the early mornings now that I don't drink, and I always called myself a night person. No guilt, fear, racing heart, what-did-I-buy-online regrets.
Ha! Well asleep by 10pm or very shortly after is early for me. I usually go to bed about half ten but read or use social media until about 11. I like the mornings too only 5 out of every 7 are spoiled by the fact of having to go to work .

Congratulations on 100 days Tynesider, I must have missed where you posted that you were coming up to it.

Nice work LHW, those seductive booze thoughts are all lies.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you, ML!