Old 10-05-2018, 09:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome to the weekender IdesofMarch.
Nice to meet you
Old 10-05-2018, 09:36 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is three weeks since Jack died. I am reaching into my memory for the good memories and reliving them.

Glad I'm doing this sober. Jack only knew me sober.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:37 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

So between kevlarsjal and Vman the one is up increbibly late and the other incredibly early.

IdesofMarch and Spiritman, glad you are both making this great decision in October.

LHW, I’ve never really worked with disabled children much but when I did it was always a very humbling experience for me.

GreenSweater, actually getting in some relaxation on the weekend, of the real and non-artificial kind, is priceless.

A shout out to you too Willow and Soberleigh! It is also called “dutch courage” here, which is perhaps a bit stereotypical.

So we again woke up to no electricity this morning. Can you believe we have a group of people here that makes a living from stealing underground electricity cables and selling the copper? Normally it takes a whole day for the cables to be replaced and power to be restored. Bottom line - I’m having to improvise for my morning cup of coffee! Plus SR on my cellphone as the power cut means there’s no Wifi.

Better hold thumbs the power is back on in time for today’s second encounter between the Springboks and the All Blacks!
Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi least, good to see you posting on the Weekender again, even though the circumstances are not that great. As to Jack, you know I’m thinking of you. The loss of our beloved animal family members leaves a huge void.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Spiritman and IdesofMarch, great to see you.

A few normies at work have quit

Leigh i'm glad you are making progress

Well done on surviving your vacation/break unscathed Willow

Two normies at work have quit booze for this month only as a part of something called Stoptober. It was originally a government backed anti smoking campaign that has spread to cover things like food and drink. Good idea.

Coffee time!
Old 10-06-2018, 12:34 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Welcome, IdesofMarch!

(((((Least)))))
Old 10-06-2018, 12:44 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to all those new to the thread and those returning

D
Old 10-06-2018, 12:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
sober style

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
My standard answer: Uuuuukulele!
If ukulele is ever wrong, I don't wanna be right!
Old 10-06-2018, 12:55 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Mr

Least, like many here, I used to post over a year ago in the thread following Jack's disappearance act. It was very obvious then how much Jack was a lucky (dog) man.

Morning Kathy. Up early...?
Good evening and night D.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.

I slept in till 10.30 and skipping boxing. Having a super lazy Saturday morning with coffee and watching UFC weigh ins - Khabib vs Conor. This is going to be fun. And, BTW, I am rooting for Conor. For some reason Khabib just irritates me.

I've made the decision to take too months off the job and focus completely on working on my own goals. The last job left me totally empty and diverted from what I want in life. I have only so much time left on this Earth and I have zero wish to waste it being someone else's puppet.

Coffee time.

I love October)
Old 10-06-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Yes, Vman. I woke up at 2:45 am today and decided to stay awake because I've got a lot of work to do, and I am most productive by far in the morning.

MB, my son-in-law is hosting a game day and Fight Night at his house tonight. He, my daughter, and I are huge Conor fans! Love that trash talk!

I'm sure Khabib is a lovely guy, but Conor is the action!
Old 10-06-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Mr

As nuts as he is I'm for Conor too.
The chap knows how to stir it up.
No shame whatsoever...
He's an Irish man too
Old 10-06-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Resurrenting plants I saved from the trash from vacant unit...slow work. Plus a few hours art study (drawing- pencil is ok, charcoal is not).
A meeting- shared letting go of old feelings- as they are so inground, hard to let go of them. The crap feelings. Getting there.
Support to all.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:11 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

A productive day finished with a hearty meal and ginger ale. On the couch watching TV with one of the cats next to me. Feeling content, giving Saturday a wrap very soon and looking forward to an even better sleep tonight, I hope.. night my saviours..xx
Old 10-06-2018, 03:22 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Looks like we have a Conor fans gang here)

I am going to be up crazy early tomorrow and watch the fight live.

We can host our own weekenders fight night party here
Old 10-06-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Crazy talk - that's what the drink thoughts are.

Just yesterday - nearly five years into sobriety I had to say out loud (to myself) "I don't drink and I'm not ever changing my mind." You'd think it would be completely gone by now, but those automatic thoughts still come from somewhere. They're just thoughts and easily dismissed, all I had to do is say that and >poof<.

I was reading through the posts just now and I think it was LHW who said she got the ice cream [right next to the alcohol] and didn't think about it. Except she did think about it - she posted it. Make no mistake, this is a game of millimeters. I can have a drinking thought just like that. For no reason.

You all are heroes to me. All of us are creating completely different lives while keeping thoughts of drinking in check - in the beginning it's sometimes many times per day. It's not always easy, but it is do-able.

Sober Saturday morning never gets old.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:14 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

That two month reset time sounds fantastic MB.

PJ, speaking of birds , a cousin of mine had an unfortunate experience with a territorial Aussie magpie. She laughs about it now but at the time I think it caused a real fright.

Stealing underground copper wires! The stealing is bad enough, but the resultant inconvenience for everyone is terribly unfortunate. Thinking back I now recall a phase where thieves would steal AC compressors for the copper. We gotta have our AC around here!

Time for my favorite cuppa of the week. Saturday morning . Also my favorite month of the year. Will savor and be thankful. Then gym time.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Just seeing your post bimini. How I do admire your attitude! I’m just over 4 years sober and on the fairly infrequent moments I have a true drinking thought my first reaction is to be bummed that it happened. Rather I should be profoundly grateful that it’s only a thought....and that the thought is now more like a little fly briefly buzzing about to annoy me rather than a full on mama grizzly attack like they used to be.

So thank you for your reminder.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Mark, I was annoyed!

But lots of things in life annoy me, so I can make peace with this one. It's not like I have any control of what my computer-brain dredges up. I just have to choose a reaction to it.

I woke at 2:45AM and had to get up because I had a bad dream and there was a person in the dream who I haven't talked to in 45 years who was really mean to me back then but in the dream we were sharing a hotel room. Where did that come from? Crazy talk, I'm tellin' ya.