SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Scared and hurting (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/432864-scared-hurting.html)

Dandelion12 10-02-2018 10:17 AM

Scared and hurting

I have so many fears.

Im really trying to help myself

Just feel very alone

Anna 10-02-2018 10:28 AM

You're not alone, Dandelion. We're here for you.

Maybe you could try journaling to help relieve some of your fear? I don't really enjoy journaling, but I know it's helped me when I'm really upset.

Dandelion12 10-02-2018 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 7024962)
You're not alone, Dandelion. We're here for you.

Maybe you could try journaling to help relieve some of your fear? I don't really enjoy journaling, but I know it's helped me when I'm really upset.

Thank you. Im trying to meditate but im in a full blown panic.

Ill give journaling a try.

Sorry. Im just having abandonment issues.

I have to feel the fear. Let it pass. Not drink

ScottFromWI 10-02-2018 11:17 AM

Stay strong Dandelion. Believe it or not you have all the tools right inside you to get through this. Breathing exercises or taking a short walk used to help me with my anxiety/panic attacks.

Opivotal 10-02-2018 11:53 AM

Dandelion, you're not alone here. :hug:

Have you tried cognitive therapy? Maybe google and see what it's all about. It helped me so much, especially with panic attacks.

Hope today gets better for you.

Dandelion12 10-02-2018 12:06 PM

God bless you guys.

This is bad. Just too much grief.

Thank you for not leaving me alone with this.

Hawkeye13 10-02-2018 02:54 PM

Slow deep breaths

A hot shower

A cup of tea or soup

You can make it through this

Dandelion12 10-02-2018 03:47 PM

Theres nothing to live for.

Thank yoy everyone but i have nothing left

least 10-02-2018 04:00 PM

You have yourself. :hug: You're worth living for. :)

Dee74 10-02-2018 04:07 PM

You can rebuild dandelion - I did and so did many others.
Don't let yourself be swallowed by despair...this is not the end, it's a beginning :)

D

saoutchik 10-02-2018 10:07 PM

You are definitely worth living for Dandelion. Alcohol is an isolating factor drug and removing it from your life can lessen that isolation in the long run even if you lose the numbing effect of it to begin with. As Dee said this is a beginning not an end.

Verdantia 10-02-2018 11:19 PM

Dear Dandelion--you are worth everything good and you can have a meaningful, happy, dignified, sober life. I know it seems impossible to see it now; I have been in those 'hopeless' places, but there is always hope as long as there is breath. Situations can change. You can get better. Don't give up--hang out here with us.
I needed help--a lot of it--to get sober (for me that meant inpatient rehab) and I rely on SR and my face to face support system for daily maintenance.
I thought I was destined to die a hopeless drunk but I'm getting ready to go back to school and finish my degree in social work so I can help people like us. I'm 58 years old so it's never too late. I wish you all the best.