SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Worried about responses (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/432788-worried-about-responses.html)

Cuckoo 09-29-2018 02:52 PM

Worried about responses

If I come back to SR even though I never left the lurking side....probably at least 50 times a day, I check in.
Every day. I read and read and respect every post good, bad, happy or sad.
I dont think I could go a day without SR even though I am too scared to participate again.
You guys keep me sane and keep me aware of my addiction. Thankyou.
My inability to follow your examples astounds me on an hourly basis.
Sorry for being so totally apathetic....
C

Hevyn 09-29-2018 02:56 PM

We're your friends, Cuckoo. Don't be hesitant to participate.

I feel the same way about SR. Not sure what would happen if I didn't have this place. :)

Delilah1 09-29-2018 03:22 PM

Welcome Cuckoo. I did the same for a bit, but once I started posting and interacting with others it really helped me to stay sober. Why don't you join the October thread once Dee gets it going, you'll have lots of support from others in the same spot as you.

Delizadee 09-29-2018 03:49 PM

Don't worry. You need to speak to where you are at too. I know, I was and am there. You still get a voice.
I know that feeling. Astounding, confounding absolute insanity and why is it so damn hard?
You have to start somewhere. We have to start somewhere. So don't be afraid. We've most of us been there. :hug:

Anna 09-29-2018 04:24 PM

I hope you participate in posting whenever you want to. We're all here for the same reason and we do understand. :)

least 09-29-2018 04:26 PM

I'd be lost and alone without this place. :grouphug:

SnazzyDresser 09-29-2018 04:32 PM

Love me some SR, it's quite awesome!

Dee74 09-29-2018 04:55 PM

I hope you feel free to post - it's the responses that make SR I think.

Noones going to blow you out of the water Cuckoo - we don't shoot our wounded :)

D

lessgravity 09-29-2018 05:28 PM

We can all relate Cuckoo. Glad to see you back.

gettingsmarter 09-29-2018 06:00 PM

I think as long as we post with kindness, respect for others, a desire not to use and no medical advice you can't really go wrong here.
SR is my family who relate to and understand the most important part of my life.

We all gain wisdom by participating and giving getting feedback from each other.

I say post away.

Zebra1275 09-29-2018 06:19 PM

Nobody joins SR because they are on a winning streak.

This place is about getting, and staying sober.

And once you get sober, it's about giving back to help other newcomers.

decchemist 09-29-2018 11:25 PM

Welcome back to posting, Cuckoo.

August252015 09-30-2018 03:37 AM

Glad you are here.

Gabe1980 09-30-2018 06:57 AM

I'm totally chuffed you are posting again Cuckoo!! Don't worry about it, we all need each other xx

eyes99 09-30-2018 07:57 AM

We’re all in this thing until we die. The ones still drinking are trying to stop and the sober ones are only one bad decision away from starting all over again. Everyone is just trying to do the best they can and trying to help each other along the way.

So please, come on back. We’re all the same.

Cuckoo 09-30-2018 12:01 PM

Thank you everyone for welcoming me back to the family.
I have been out all day today visiting my daughter so have been busy and occupied.
My problem is that I dont know how to push through the barrier. Most times I dont even have a physical crave, its a mental, habitual wanting to drink thing I think.
I am also an opportunistic drinker which is a difficulty. I grab those precious "alone times" and go crazy, loopy and drink. I plan those alone times and relish them. Thats just not normal.
Anyhow, I will most certainly be posting regularly now....
C

Fallow 09-30-2018 02:51 PM

Thats been me for years. Lurking all the time. But when I was drinking I never wanted to log in and get real about my situation. So think I understand how you feel.

I definitely have a track record of doing much better when I post though, even if its just a few posts a week.

TeeJayVerm 09-30-2018 04:58 PM

In my case, it has been extremely helpful for me to check into this forum regularly even when I am relapsing. I have attained a new level of self awareness about my drinking since I started visiting this forum regularly earlier this year. It sounds like you are receiving similar benefits and posting can only help your process along.

Good luck!!

orderfororder 09-30-2018 05:51 PM

It is a great resource, and one of the reasons for that is its userbase. Join in and make the place even more interesting and valuable.

Verdantia 10-01-2018 12:43 AM

Hi Cuckoo. Welcome back! SR has been a vital part of my getting and staying sober. I was a long-time lurker but I've found I get more out of active participation and hope my experiences might be of help to others who are struggling. We are family united in our desire for sobriety and I am honored to have such good companions on this journey. Best wishes!