Notices

Worried about responses

Old 10-01-2018, 01:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Welcome back cuckoo! Once you are part of the SR family you always will be, that’s how it works, like Dee said we don’t shoot our wounded and we are always here for each other no matter what.

Part of getting sober is for some of us where we can be difficult, I learnt that at rehab. Most of us, in fact all of us there had mood swings, got grumpy, sometimes difficult and arguing with the process and thinking we knew better and many many other behaviours we are not necessarily proud of. It’s an absolutely normal part of the journey, our addiction is going through the fight of it’s life to stay on top and when we stop drinking it kicks and screams and tries to manipulate our minds to keep it alive. In my first month at rehab I fought against everything and tried to leave twice and at times I certainly wasn’t a nice person. After chatting with my counsellor near the end of my treatment about all this he said it was absolutely normal behaviour for an addict and to not beat myself up about it, it’s just part of the process.

Glad you are back and keep posting! x