SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 28 September -1 October 2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/432744-weekender-thread-28-september-1-october-2018-a.html)

Dee74 09-27-2018 07:42 PM

Weekender Thread 28 September -1 October 2018

Hi There! :wave:

I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time, and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

D

Mark1014 09-27-2018 07:58 PM

Thank you Dee. Happy Friday morning to you.

And goodnight Thursday for me!

Tynesider22 09-27-2018 09:35 PM

Thank you Dee for the wonderful new thread.

Hope all my fellow SR'ers have a brilliant and sober weekend.

My beloved Gateshead FC are at home on Saturday and Sunday I am off to a gig, so a good weekend lined up for me personally.

saoutchik 09-27-2018 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
IN!

Thanks Dee

Welcome to another Weekenders thread!

theVman31 09-27-2018 10:30 PM

IN
Thx Dee.
Hi Girls and Guys :wavey:

Did you say coffee ? well Ok so...

petals 09-27-2018 11:32 PM

Coffee Vman now there's a fabulous suggestion... do you mind if I join you?
I feel for you and Saou.... I'm also surrounded in work with enormous amounts of negativity... back stabbing... and two facedness.... along with.... can't think of a polite way to say it but the same people are sucking up to the management and coming out smelling of roses....
I walk round muttering ... it's just how it is.... and similar mutterings.... it's so hard trying not to get sucked into it.... and I know if I speak out it will definitely come back and bite me on the bottom!
To make things worse Mr P is also tired and grumpy....
My jaw aches from sticking a smile on all day and evening 😂😂... my eye and cheek still hurt from last week's mishap...
Right enough of this pity party.... time for coffeeeeeee
Xx

PhoenixJ 09-28-2018 12:26 AM

and then more coffeeeeeeeeeee

(eeeee)

MidnightBlue 09-28-2018 01:54 AM

Morning, weekenders.

Thank you for the new thread, Dee.

I surely need start looking better for those stars because at the moment I am in total darkness.

Just to give you impression how "excited" I am about my life -yesterday I spent the entire day playing plants vs zombies. Mind you, last time I playen any computer game was about 15 or more years ago.

I progressed through all the levels and won. Yay me.

It could be an efficient way to put all the disturbing thoughts on hold, but it's kind of a red flag, I think.

My skype session with a shrink is about to start in 5 minutes.

See you later.

Willow00 09-28-2018 02:08 AM

Hi weekenders :wavey:
I had my first session with a psychologist today. I really liked her and think I can work with her. I even told her my previous “coping” mechanisms included drinking and that I didn’t want to go down that road anymore and hadn’t had a drink for 4 months.. I hadn’t actually admitted that to anyone except here on SR before so that’s a step in the right direction for me. She suggested we start by working through the grief first (which is my most intense issue right now) then we can look into the other underlying stuff that came up today. I’m feeling good about working through all of this with her :)

zoeydog 09-28-2018 03:05 AM

Willow, great work. I like that she wants to focus on grief. You've had enormous loss, and I can't even imagine how difficult that must be. You are in my thoughts.
MB, this has been a bit of a tough time for me, too. I'm glad you are talking to a shrink. One thing that I've tried when I'm down is actually making a list of things to do, and then forcing myself to do some. For me, that might be taking a hike or a walk, going to a movie (I need the distraction, probably like your game), going to a museum … anything out of my house and a little bit outside my mind. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.
Sao, I'm so intrigued by your photo … is there a backstory?
VMan, Petals, Phoenix, Tyne … sitting here sipping my first hot, fresh, strong, dark cup of java of the day … sigh …

zoeydog 09-28-2018 03:06 AM

Oh, it's my 16th wedding anniversary! Feeling lots of love on my 32nd day sober!

LoveHateWhine 09-28-2018 03:18 AM

Morning everyone! May I join you for that cup of coffee? I am sitting here having mine.

I've been up for awhile now. The past 4 days I have awoken way, way earlier than normal.

I fought off a major craving last night - was even sitting in the parking lot of the place I was going to have that Happy Hour martini but I didn't go in. The community of SR actually helped me...I couldn't bear the thought of coming back here and announcing to everyone that I had slipped. So THANK YOU.

I'm glad it's Friday and then again I am not. Weekends are tough, I guess they are for all of us or we wouldn't be here, right?

Willow, I am working with a psychologist too and we are also working on grief issues. I am learning a lot and I am sure you will too.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I have a busy morning at work so might as well get started on the day. I'll touch base again later.

Gilmer 09-28-2018 03:25 AM

Congratulations, Zoeydog!

theVman31 09-28-2018 03:27 AM

You can get through this weekend LHW.
Happy Anniversary Zoey.
Nice job Willow.
MB we all know that you can get through this rough patch... Your a fighter.

Hi to PJ and Petals....

STDragon 09-28-2018 03:56 AM

Happy AFL grand Friday!
https://nationaltoday.com/afl-grand-final-friday/

I'm taking this afternoon off. (yay). Picking up the family, including my dad, and we are going to the Childrens Hospital book sale. It's a huge event. Then we are going out for dinner to a steak and ribs joint.

STDragon 09-28-2018 03:58 AM

Happy sweet 16 anniversary Zoey and support to everyone working thru their issues. Hugs to you Petals.

kevlarsjal2 09-28-2018 04:26 AM

Hi Weekenders!

Thanks for the new thread, Dee! I'm feeling like a grumpy old man today, every time I catch myself in the mirror, I see my face frowning. I'm supposed to go out for dinner tonight but I might cancel, I'm no fun to be with when I'm like this.
Maybe I should give this coffee thing a try. I was never hugely into caffeinated drinks but when I got sober I was an anxious bundle of nerves so I cut out caffeine completely. Might be time to give it another go, I'm just tired and grumpy in the mornings and I take ages to fully wake up.
Plus I could sit with all you guys having your coffees :)

Glad to hear you both found some additional support MB and Willow :)

And happy anniversary zoeydog!

Gilmer, have you tried German or Swiss chocolate?

Dee74 09-28-2018 05:34 AM

Feel better soon MB and Petals :)

may your team win this weekend if you're an Aussie :)

D

Gilmer 09-28-2018 05:48 AM

Actually, Kev, for as renowned as they are, I have never tried either German or Swiss chocolate (to my knowledge).

Sounds like a very fun day ahead, Dragon!

MB, I'm glad you were able to Skype a psychiatrist.

Oh! and I'm in! :)

Tynesider22 09-28-2018 06:05 AM

I went to a shop earlier to pay for something. The lady that served me was called Dee!