Notices

Weekender Thread 28 September -1 October 2018

Old 10-01-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone, busy busy day. I have been to I am Whitby in north east England having been to Leeds as well. I have got quite a bit of "homework" to write up tonight but at least I won't be tempted to hit the hotel bar and so I should get a chance to have a look round the ruined Abbey tomorrow morning.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:01 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Watch out for the goths Sau! Whitby Abbey is where Dracula was washed up on shore in the famous novel. There is a really odd goth festival each year there too...better wear some garlic round your neck lol x
Old 10-01-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Never been to the festival, but I do like Whitby. Go up the stairs to Dracula's castle. The view is worth it.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

All the best MB.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:03 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

It’s only 8pm but I am done in! Time to get in bed, put on some binaural beats and hopefully have a very long and deep sleep. Take care weekenders! x
Old 10-01-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I decided to do an hour of crossfit after boxing, so I am quite done too.

I got so worried last night that barely slept. Time to catch up.

Hugs to all.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:53 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Sleep tight MB! x
Old 10-01-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Way to go MB! A new chapter is about to begin

My contract at work finishes soon and I have no idea if there’s going to be another to replace it. I have no clue what I’m going to do next but something will come up.
I feel very directionless at the moment so once I’ve worked through my grief, hopefully I can figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life.... “what I want to be when I grow up” as my counsellor said (I’m only 50 lol)

In the meantime I’m going away for a few days with my partner and a group of friends and they will be drinking. A lot! Ahhhh.... so I have to be very vigilant against the sneaky AV who I can tell is already scheming behind my back and making me feel anxious...

Manta well done on the weight loss, I bet you’re feeling amazing I think it was Minty teaching Alfie about manners and the correct protocol to bring “gifts” for their humans ❤️
Old 10-01-2018, 06:57 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

How was your first day as the new guy vman?
Old 10-01-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the comments about my friend and her situation with her brother. All good points. It is much appreciated.

Hope you all have a good week and I will touch base this coming weekend. Heading out on a business trip tomorrow through Wednesday then starting on Thursday afternoon, heading out to visit family out of town for the coming weekend. Not sure if I mentioned before there is no alcohol with them, they are all non-drinkers so that will be half the battle.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:14 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
5°c here this morning yikes.

Dragon, first day in the new service was OK. They seem nice. The lads are outnumbered by the ladies this time. I have a meeting this afternoon with the boss to discuss my objectives and coming up to speed on the applications.... Onwards and upwards.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm glad your first day went well VMan, they are stressful.

It is a fine morning but not likely to stay that way for long so I am going to visit the Abbey early.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:49 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday today.

Not much planned for me today. Got to go up the hospital later, just a regular check up, so that's all fine, and a lovely lady will be coming to take some money from me at some point (again, pre-arranged, so that's all fine!) and then, that's about it.

There's a radio show broadcasting from Ohio that I enjoy listening to later on, so will be tuning in to that.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:37 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning Everyone! Willow, I absolutely get that feeling of being directionless at the moment, I know you have a lot of other stresses that I don’t but I get the feeling of being a rudderless ship right now. I also contract and have been looking but the market is absolutely dead and has been all year so I am starting to worry about money which is a big drinking trigger for me, but trying to keep positive that something will turn up.

Hope everyone has a positive day x
Old 10-02-2018, 02:20 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Things are definitely tough business wise right now.

Whitby is a really cool town, cobbled pathways, old buildings, that kind of thing. I have a steep climb ahead. These are the steps to the Abbey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20181002_101538.jpg (44.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 10-02-2018, 02:42 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
sober style

Saoutchik, from that awesome photo I'm inclined to say that Whitby is indeed very cool.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Mr

Sao you get the coolest business trips...
Hope you are having a good time in the abbey
Old 10-02-2018, 03:19 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Left home 0730, caught drawing lecturer about making up what I missed last week (migraine- bro's responses). Gt my informal grading- this is my hardest subj, and even with my cognitive stuff- passed- and she said some 'normal' people do worse and not to get discouraged. I told her a bare pass is worthy of pride, considering 3y ago- I was considered vegetative nursing home material. She went quiet at that.

Then went to my benevolent relie's in the hills. They agreed, very quickly- and were happy, to be my next of kin for upcoming hand surgery- as my bro has done the thanks, but no thanks - no contact have a nice life. So pleased about my relies love and support and saddened by my bro (and ex and sons). Bittersweet. BUT life goes on and slowly I am letting go...
Also I asked them for something.
Soil.
They have millions of tons of the stuff (have a few acres), need for giving my instant garden a new lease of life.
Then home- moved soil, more plants and bricks and stuff- repotted a 10 foot high stick (one of the 'have no idea' species of plant)- it is a tropical of some sort. And at 1923, have just sat down. I will probably be rather tired in a few days...
All in all, a productive day.

any typo's in this post are not the fault of the author- as cosmic space aliens have been dousing Adelaide with their deadly brain altering cosmic spaces brain theta waves and this immediately coauses top'sy
Old 10-02-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Sao … I wonder if Dracula would find you less tasty without the booze! Sounds like a great trip.
Willow, just keep getting through it and pretty soon you'll be all the way through it. I'm thinking of you every single day!
LHW, isn't it nice to visit non-drinkers? I used to avoid them because I felt guilty about my own drinking. Now I seek them out. Have a great time!
Good morning Manta, Vman, MB, Phoenix, Snaz, Tyne, ST and everyone else checking in today. Rainy day here in Vermont … my favorite weather (I know, kind of weird, huh?).
Old 10-02-2018, 03:54 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Coo! It certainly is atmospheric/gothic. I need to speed sightsee as I have a long drive ahead but this is such an amazing place. I will have to catch up with everyone else's posts later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20181002_115031.jpg (24.4 KB, 24 views)