Notices

Having a bad day

Old 09-26-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a bad day

I’m on day 8. I’m so emotional today. I’ve had one thing after another go wrong. I missed my aa meeting, this morning due to childcare issues, so decided I would attend yoga (since I would have childcare there and could take my kids). The class had just started and the childcare came and got me because my kids had been crying for so long. I cried in the car and have felt so much pent up frustration, And i’m doing the self loathing thing, which is not good for me. I won’t pick up a drink but getting used to everything sober has been a struggle. And now Ive been upset all day because things didn’t go my way(I know how immature), I can’t seem to control my emotions very well. Just needed to vent.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think that most all of us have those days where the fates seem to conspire against us. Day 8 is a great start and you’ll likely feel better after a good nights sleep. So hang in there and on to day 9!
Old 09-26-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kiki, Day 8 is fantastic!

You are getting used to dealing with your emotions and handling the ups and downs. Being a mom to young children is tough at the best of times, but as you are in early recovery, it probably seems especially hard.

Maybe you can plan to do something fun with your kids tomorrow. Or maybe you can get a sitter and have a little time to yourself. Either way, be very proud of yourself for getting this far and for staying sober throughout this day.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello kiki, I'm sorry you had a frustrating day.
I understand the emotional part. And you are in recovery with small children, good for, you great mom. Coming here was really good to vent.
Tomorrow will be better, it always is.

you handled the situation well by writing it out here, and I think it is understandable to feel frustration in situations like that and on certain days.

I try to shift to gratitude as a tool, even when things are really frustrating. If I can think of 3 things to be grateful for it helps me.

Have a good rest tonight
Old 09-26-2018, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope tomorrow is better Kiki

D
Old 09-26-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. Your words really encouraged me. I’m really trying to do things right this time. I’ve gone to aa almost everyday, which has been so good for me. I’ve tried to do this alone so many times, and it’s never worked for long.
My emotions are just all over the place. And with three young children, there is so much stress even without trying to recover on top of it. I need all the help I can get ❤️