Notices

Up and down day

Old 09-25-2018, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Here and now

Red face Up and down day

Big fights with the mother, her being very aggressive. Basically calling me lazy and (I have my own landscaping company, in my second year and in a bit of a dry spell) I'm just coming off my latest binge and trying my best to alter old plans I had to better beef up my defenses.

I realize I don't handle things right now and my thinking quickly tries to shut me down. "What's the point" "Ugh this sucks" Which I've been getting better at countering, and I realize it's my AV trying to drag me down the wormhole to spring a "Just drink it away" Thought.

Any recommendations on dealing with the day to day stress's especially now in the fresh period of my sobriety.

Hope you're all having a great day!
Old 09-25-2018, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I gave people a lot of ammunition to use against me as a drinker. but the biggest thing I ever learned sober is I'm not what other people tell me I am - not my friends, not my family, not some guy on the street or another member on a website.

Befriend yourself- get to know who you are - fix the bits you don;t like, and then listen to your internal compass.

I'm sorry I don;t remember your domestic arrangements.

If you have your own place, leave a bit of a buffer of a few days before you talk to your mom again.

If you live together, find your own spot for a while and try and get over the argument.

above all, recognise that drinking can only make stuff like this worse.

D