Notices

Day 2

Old 09-19-2018, 12:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Made it past the dreadful Day 1. Because of how much I drink, my Day 1s are horrible because I feel like committing myself to a psych ward because of the awful guilt, shame, anxiety, paranoia and depression, in addition to the physical shakiness. I know that if I continue to drink, I eventually will have to be hospitalized somewhere. My plan right now is to post here daily, attend AA meetings, get a sponsor and work the steps. I will add more once I feel a bit better.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Freedom. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Freedom, congratulations on getting through day 1. I've just started AA and the steps. I'm finding it really inspirational and I'm finding a level hope I've not had before. Keep going and it will start to get easier. There is loads of stuff about step work on the 12-step forum too. Rach xx
Old 09-19-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good work, keep it up!
Old 09-19-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

All the best Freedom. So much of this illness we have is in the head, once you discover what works for you it gets easier and if you keep trying you will eventually find what works.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

Hi Freedom, on Day 2 again here too. Started to feel the AV creeping in at work so took a break to read and post here. Oh, and have a big greasy cheeseburger! Regular food intake and water is critical for me in very early recovery...
Old 09-19-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreedomCA View Post
Made it past the dreadful Day 1. Because of how much I drink, my Day 1s are horrible because I feel like committing myself to a psych ward because of the awful guilt, shame, anxiety, paranoia and depression, in addition to the physical shakiness. I know that if I continue to drink, I eventually will have to be hospitalized somewhere. My plan right now is to post here daily, attend AA meetings, get a sponsor and work the steps. I will add more once I feel a bit better.
I am one day one too. I threw up the entire morning. It was awful, and the shakes oh I hate the shakes. I never want to have another day one! I want sobriety so bad. Good luck to you.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you. Hanging in there on Day 2 so far. No cravings yet just physical exhaustion.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope you can make it through days 3-10 without caving. Then set another small goal. Sounds crazy but for some of us it works.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome. If you feel too crap- see adoc
Old 09-19-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I hope you can make it through days 3-10 without caving. Then set another small goal. Sounds crazy but for some of us it works.
Yes, this seems to work for me as well. After I hit 7 days, I aim for 14. After that, a month seems doable. And so on.

But it is also important to remember the mantra of "one day at a time" and not let yourself get overwhelmed by what lies ahead.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
This seems like a good idea. I haven’t made it 10 days in months. Had minor cravings today but didn’t cave.