Notices

Was doing so well.......

Old 09-18-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Can't sleep, my head won't switch off, had some peace of mind earlier but now my minds racing......
Old 09-19-2018, 01:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Relationships have also been my downfall and led to relapse. I used to be intimate with guys to get them to like me, but that only led to me feeling lonelier and empty. I was recently talking to this guy and texting and we had a great friendship going. He told me that he would end it unless I finally met him and was intimate. He said he was done with the chatting. I told him I at least wanted to have coffee first, and he said no. So I agreed to end it and have also blocked him because that was hurtful. In the past I would have given him what he wanted because I liked him. Not anymore. I need to make these changes to stay sober and so I am only looking for friends right now. He could have met another woman for that and I would not have cared. I guess he didn’t want my friendship.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Baffled and lost

I'm back again, loads of stuff has happened but basically I'm drinking more and more to numb emotional pain.....
Old 11-27-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Drinking doesn't actually numb the pain, it just puts it off a bit. It will be right there waiting for you when the alcohol wears off and you've sobered up. I hope you can stop drinking.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Drinking in my experience made everything worse.
​​​​​Prolonged the hurt I was attempting to hurdle. I forgot how to cope w/o vodka. Vodka was not "coping" anymore.
You can stop the craziness drinking brings to your life and get rid of a huge part of the problem.
We can be co dependant. AA does suggest not dating for a year. My sponsor will tell you I ignored that suggestion...not her favourite move of mine. They are all probably right bc I've gotten myself into quite a quandry as of late.
Here's the great news, I did it sober. With help from here, my people in AA & bc I can.
​If I can; you can. It's the best way to live for me. In recovery. Somehow this perspective, this disease is a gift.
Keep talking about what is on your mind.
Jules

​​​