Notices

Almost a week

Old 09-17-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost a week

I went almost a week without a drink. A ******* week.. Then decided it was wise to drink again.. I consider myself a hot mess... My bf doesn't understand addiction the way I do. I've had it in my family my whole life. I have everything I've ever wanted but I feel broken inside... Why, idk, literally no reason.. I'm just lost emotionally and spiritually...
Old 09-17-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, I was lost emotionally and spiritually, too. Drinking stopped my emotional growth.
Once I quit for a period, it came back but I had to work on it.
It's like alcohol put me in a sate of suspended growth.
You had a week and that's a great achievement. I know I had many slips in my first years, yes years, of trying to stop drinking.

I would recommend you pick yourself up start again on the road to sobriety.
You can do it. It may take action, but if this low bottom drunk can do it, you can too.

Best to you.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was lost emotionally and spiritually, too. And, I tried to fill the void with things, particularly alcohol. It's very hard for others to understand alcoholism, but this is a place where we 'get it', so I hope you will continue to read and post. You can do this!
Old 09-17-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi serenity

yeah it's hard to change our lives - but having support and using it really helps.

I found I couldn't approach recovery like a diet - I had to accept this was a no going back kinda change?

If forever sounds too much to comprehend,. commit to 24 hours, and then back up again every day - in a while you'll feel better about forer

D
Old 09-17-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I felt that way too as I went around and around in that loop. I like what Dee said about just committing to 24 hours at a time - the one day at a time idea. Try to post here often and before you give in to that urge. It really does help and in my experience has preventing me from relapsing.