SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   There's a big empty space in the house that should be filled with Jack. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/432353-theres-big-empty-space-house-should-filled-jack.html)

least 09-15-2018 08:34 AM

There's a big empty space in the house that should be filled with Jack.

I had to let my sweet old man go today. He was in bad shape and it was the kindest thing I could do for him.

I miss him terribly but I'm not going to drink over it. Jack only knew me sober and just because he's gone is no reason to drink.

If you have a loved one, or a pet, show them you love them. :grouphug:

saoutchik 09-15-2018 08:40 AM

Rest in Peace Jack.

Pleace accept my condolences least. Not drinking is the right thing, keep your memories of Jack clear and true.

doggonecarl 09-15-2018 08:46 AM

My heart goes out to you. I know how much he meant to you.

I have an aging girl, declining in vigor and health and I know I will have to make that decision too. I hope I don't wait too long. And I hope I deal with the grief when it come. But I have her today, and the joy that comes with her presence.

2ndhandrose 09-15-2018 08:49 AM

so, so sorry, least :grouphug:

least 09-15-2018 08:53 AM

Here's my handsome old man, in his younger days. :)

https://s8.postimg.cc/m5kc19yw5/100_4891.jpg

biminiblue 09-15-2018 09:01 AM

He is a sweet handsome man, for sure, least.

It's really hard.

He's in some beautiful peaceful place chasing bunnies that he can catch now.

:hug:

Gilmer 09-15-2018 09:04 AM

I'm so sorry, Least.

Jack was a beautiful boy in every respect. :hug:

Anna 09-15-2018 09:10 AM

I'm so very sorry Least. Jack was loved by you so very much and I know he was ready to go. You did the hardest, most selfless thing for him. I have told Kai what happened and we cried.

Tynesider22 09-15-2018 09:17 AM

I'm sorry least.

Helianthus 09-15-2018 09:23 AM

Awww I'm so sorry, he was a handsome boy indeed :hug:

Unshackled 09-15-2018 09:23 AM

I am sorry for your pain Least. I know that feeling all to well have had to do that several times. He will be in heaven waiting for you tail wagging, tounge licking happy to see his favorite person again!

tursiops999 09-15-2018 09:30 AM

Im so sorry, least. It hurts so much to lose a dear companion.

CaptainHaddock 09-15-2018 09:35 AM

Jack went missing about a year ago, didn’t he? I am as sad for you now as I was happy when I heard he was found again a month or so later. You did the right thing, but it remains a very, very sad and traumatizing event. Thinking of you, least.

MantaLady 09-15-2018 09:37 AM

Sending you strength from across the pond Least! In the last month I had to make the same decision for my 21 year old boy cat so I absolutely understand how you must be feeling right now. Just be kind to yourself and know he’s now knawing on the biggest marrowbone in heaven right now and isn’t in any pain xx

SnazzyDresser 09-15-2018 09:46 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Jack was extremely lucky to have someone as nice as you to share his life with, least.

Atlast9999 09-15-2018 09:56 AM

I’m so sorry, least.

Fearlessat50 09-15-2018 10:01 AM

I am so sorry, least! He was a beautiful boy indeed! You did the right thing. I wish I hadn’t waited so long way back when I had to make that decision for my little guy. I was being selfish. I knew he was suffering but I couldn’t let him go. Will never do that again as I know I will have to face that decision again with three more, which is hopefully a long way off. I hope you find strength and support and surround yourself with love today.

least 09-15-2018 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock (Post 7011826)
Jack went missing about a year ago, didn’t he? I am as sad for you now as I was happy when I heard he was found again a month or so later. You did the right thing, but it remains a very, very sad and traumatizing event. Thinking of you, least.

On October 4th it will be two years since he went missing and on the 24th it will be two years since I found him, scared but unhurt. He was gone 20 days. I remember the surge of joy I felt when I found him. :)

Rest in peace, my beautiful old man. :hug:

venuscat 09-15-2018 10:06 AM

More love.....

I am going to fame that photo for you.
When you are ready, we will pick a frame you like. :hug:

I remember every second.....how you searched for him and found him, and how you loved him every day since then. :hug:

courage2 09-15-2018 10:11 AM

I'm so sorry about your loss, least. I know how much Jack meant to you. In a smaller way, he meant a lot to many of us here, me included. I've been thinking of him every day through your gratitude for a long time, and he's made me smile many times. Thank you for sharing your love of him with all of us. ((least))