SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What if I drank every drink in this restaurant? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/432148-what-if-i-drank-every-drink-restaurant.html)

MissOverIt 09-09-2018 01:38 PM

What if I drank every drink in this restaurant?

My husband and I were out last night at one of my favorite little restaurants and I had a great seat with my back to a main wall/window and I could see the whole restaurant. While we were waiting for our tapas I started visualizing all the patrons disappearing and all I could see was each one of their drinks left on the tables and bar. Full wine glasses, frosty crafted cocktails and small sipping spirits, that's all that was left.

At that point my imagination knew what to do. Get up and drink every glass. I could steadily and relatively quickly, move around the swanky U shaped bar finishing each drink. Then move to the booths and tables. The restaurant isn't huge but definitely not tiny and I know I could finish them all. And when I was done I would still want more.

I shared the bizarre thought with husband and we both laughed nervously. Too much truth in it to be carelessly funny at this point in my sobriety. BUT WHO THINKS THAT WAY??! Us I guess. Wow. :lmao

I'm so grateful to be on this side of the fight today and hope you are too- or trying your best. Much love and have a great Sunday!!

Erica

Snowydelrico 09-09-2018 11:22 PM

Made me feel a bit sick reading this.
My throat tightened up thinking about drinking all that booze.
Maybe one day you will develop this involuntary reaction too.
Best to you

FreeOwl 09-10-2018 03:37 AM

I'm sure I've had the equivalent of every drink in that restaurant more than once.

Thankfully, that's all over.

:grouphug:

MissOverIt 09-10-2018 11:56 AM

Sometimes I do feel sick when thinking about drinking or when I see my specific brand of cheap wine at the store. It still wouldn’t keep me from stopping once I got that first drink down :)

jbhall 09-10-2018 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7007432)
Best to you

I hope I feel this way someday soon.

MissPerfumado 09-11-2018 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7007432)
Best to you

I get a phantom ache in my liver when I think about drinking too much. Sometimes I also remember the taste of warmish cheap white wine. Yuck. Warm white wine was usually when I was desperate for a second bottle and all that was available was at the 24 hour convenience store that sold them unrefrigerated (this was in Asia).

Oh yuck.

Gerard52 09-11-2018 04:30 AM

[QUOTE=MissOverIt;7007134 I started visualizing all the patrons disappearing and all I could see was each one of their drinks left on the tables and bar. Full wine glasses, frosty crafted cocktails and small sipping spirits, that's all that was left.

At that point my imagination knew what to do. Get up and drink every glass. I could steadily and relatively quickly, move around the swanky U shaped bar finishing each drink.
Erica[/QUOTE]

Dinking other people's drinks yuck!

MissOverIt 09-11-2018 05:47 AM

I didn’t want to drink “other people’s” drinks. I think the point of the story is not getting through. 😊

Snowydelrico 09-11-2018 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by MissOverIt (Post 7008546)
I didn’t want to drink “other people’s” drinks. I think the point of the story is not getting through. 😊

Lol :You_Rock_

Outonthetiles 09-11-2018 01:18 PM

I think I got the point of the anecdote. I remember walking by liquor bottles on store shelves and thinking that it was amazing and scary that if I drank even 1/10 of one shelf display, I would die.

MissOverIt 09-11-2018 01:29 PM

Exactly! :)