Notices

Day 5

Old 09-09-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Continuing on to Day 5. Already feeling better and notice that I’m becoming functional again. Just have to stay away from the “shoulda, woulda, couldves.”
Old 09-09-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep it going! Great job.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Free,

The shine of not drinking took a while to wear off for me. Probably over a year.

I am heavily kindled and I will surely die if I ever drink again.

That is what I tell myself anyway.

I almost let my av convince me I could drink again twice. I made it through and am feeling better than ever because of it.

I use sr to hold myself accountable as much as I can.

I don't want to be that guy that comes here after my relapse and gets all the sad counseling.

Whatever it takes to stay pure.

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Assuming you would make it back here alive after a relapse to hear all of the sad counseling. 😂
Old 09-09-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I told my friend today that the reason why I feel this attempt will stick is because I experienced a new level of desperation. It’s like I felt that I was drowning, and that I had one last chance to grab the raft.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Had a huge craving today and almost ordered in a bottle of Chardonnay. I called someone from AA and that helped me. I hadn’t eaten anything all day and so the hamburger I ate majorly helped the craving pass. So glad I am still sober. I would have regretted the decision to drink. Also, this guy on an online dating site ended up being a real jerk, and so even though I told him to leave me alone with a pejorative word and I blocked his phone number, being sober is helping me let go of the situation. If I was drinking, I would still be verbally retaliating or making more of a mess out of the situation.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I had some sort of sugar issues, go figure, that caused me to crave all the time.

I needed snacks in the car and always had granola and licorice around. This curbed the craves.

I stayed full. Sweets trick the brain. My AA buddy told me that.

Now I can go all day without eating. Now I generally go 16 hours, counting sleping, before I eat for 8. I have 2 or 3 eating sessions now in 8 hours.

But for the first year of no booze, i ate constantly. But, I worked out 4 to 7 days a week. Both helped me clean it up.

Thanks.