Notices

Rolling along on Day 4

Old 09-08-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rolling along on Day 4

It’s amazing how I’ve actually maintained several friendships online that I’ve made in the past 4 days without ruining them. When I was drinking I demolished all of the relationships I somehow developed by getting drunk one night and ruining it. Feels so good to not have that happening anymore. It really sucked to one day have a guy say he really appreciates me (that’s a day I was sober) and then drink the next night and receive a text the next morning telling me to not contact him anymore. Just need to maintain my daily AA meetings.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Earth Child

av been going to AA for a few months and its helps so much am sober i go as much as possable i have a sponsor and i have done the steps without them my life would be a mess keep going to AA get a sponsor and do the steps
do one day at a time and remember what you where like drunk you dont want to live like that do you ? no anyone in there right mind would want to ALL YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER IS NOT TO TAKE THE FIRST DRINK one day at a time
Old 09-08-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very true. That first drink can take us down a deep dark hole that we never come out of.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you on day four. That was always the tough one for me. Felt better and no hangover and hey, I can drink again.
Yes, as above stay close to AA and here. No first drink.
Relationships can be mended with sobriety.
Best to you.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know. It’s amazing to be texting and talking to guys without eventually screwing it up because I got drunk and became stupid and silly. I just still feel some regret with the nice guys I met and messed things up and now they won’t talk to me anymore. I just want that regret to go away because I liked them. 😢
Old 09-08-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

By the way, I have female friendships too. It’s just that I like guys more because I’m attracted to them whereas I’m not sexually attracted to women. I like hanging out with women but just prefer male company. I really liked this one guy I met a month ago and we were going to meet the next day. Before I took that first drink the previous day, I told myself do not contact him when drinking. I think you can guess the outcome 😢
Old 09-08-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

All I can say is that when I drink a switch gets either turned on, off or both in my brain that makes me abnormal. That’s the best I can explain the phenomenon. I think the AA big book states that we become disgustingly antisocial. I guess that is also true.