Notices

A week AF and 4 days SF

Old 09-07-2018, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A week AF and 4 days SF

Hello kind people . Hope all are well. I m keeping on going. Today i attended funeral service of my neighbour. First i planned not to attend as thought my husband would be present and it would upset me as no contact since last September. But i followed my values and in respect to lovely peson i attended. It was so spiritual and beautiful . My husband never came. I had a craving for a ciggarette but as already four days off i know its psychological and stayed strong. What i noticed fatigue is still the same as before binges . I have to rest in bed for hour during day pace days. People say it is chronic fatigue syndrome but my understanding it is stress and cortisol response. Or maybe i want to believe it. I know autoimmune staff is caused by autoagression and can be cured only by mental attitude. Than i m thinking maybe this fatigue was caused by taking too much on myself years ago and enhanced by alcohol abuse. Neverthelless, it is very frustrating as really disorganising life . I accepted that for time being that i have to rest. In past i would use alcohol . So when i used alcohol tiredness gone so that means it is mental fatigue but of course affecting physical body. Or maybe it is depression like masked depression but i started taking duloxetine one prescribed by a doctor non addictive modern antidepressant. Not feeling it works but give it a time and give it a time to pass paws . Maybe those are paws. Whatever it is i wanted to ask if anybody recovered from fatigue after guitting alcohol and ciggaretes after decent time of abstinence. I still drink coffee but 3 a day instead of six when i smoked. Ideally plan is to cut to two but realistically i m giving myself a time. So i rest and after function better. Best in the evenings. Worse fatigue is at 1 pm. I apprieciate some personal expierience of you. I am hopeful that energy will be back after a year if not i d probably would need to go to doctor but they very relactant to undergo tests for hormones , endocrynology staff cortisol. I did once private and all was ok despite vit d . So hoping those are paws or stress and after doing all in my power and using higher power to serve my power i ll be able to be back to work . Big hugs to all x D
Old 09-07-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How is your nutrition? Try getting enough protein, fats, fruit and vegetables. Drink a lot of water.

How about taking a walk for 30 minutes per day?

I find good healthy eating and a little exercise does some miraculous stuff.

It does take a while to feel normal. It took me months, so be patient and do all you can to support your physical body. I made cooking my hobby.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week! I agree with Biminiblue. It took me at least six weeks to feel back to good physical health. Over a year to feel mentally stable. Recent emotional set backs, but no relapse. I will always be working on my emotional sobriety. Only recently went off sleeping pills. Despite life problems, things are continuing to get better mentally and spiritually. Stay with it and take care of yourself!
Old 09-07-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My nutrition has been more than excellent. When i knew i was burn out i seeked natural remedies i also suffered from endimetriosis so no gluten , no sugar , no processed food eating often but smaller meals combining protein with carbs from veg and healthy fat. If other carbs i use millet , quina and buckwheat. Plenty of fish and seafood. Nuts. Amond milk. No soy and no dairy. Only coffee is a vice but i drink between meals so not affecting absortion of vitamins. I used to take a lot herbal staff spices turmeric garlic ... purple fruits. Not eating pork or chicken from farming and fish i select carefully. It is harder now as on 70 poinds per week but i still managing as go for reductions. Cook from scratch almost everything. Sleeping was never good since childhood . Maybe this is answer but i think coffee. I exercise every day ... body pump or other classes . Between yoga and walks. I was very hard in training for years but my knees are sore and took easier approach for body. I m passionate on natural remedies i should take natural progesterone cream and aswatanga but cannot afford now and its not funded by nhs. I m glad i manage buy good guality reduced food for money i have. I pat myself. A bit worried if its chronic masked depression or anxiety or poor sleep . But i m hopeful it is stress and alcohol so waiting patiently a year. Do not like tea but try slowly introduce green tea and herbals . X D
Old 09-07-2018, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds great, allishope

My best friend in early days was just time.

I listened to classical instrumental music. Watched comedies on Netflix. Looked up stuff that I felt I needed to work on.

I had to give up caffeine in early sobriety. It made me way too nervous and my brain was already going 99MPH. After about six months I added it back in, but only one serving per day.

Be kind to you. It will get better. Maybe not in the next few days, but it will.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good on ya, allishope. When I first quit alcohol, I slept twelve hours a day for a month. As bimini said, time is your friend. Stress is also such a thief of good health, so keep taking care of yourself.