Notices

Morning all!

Old 09-06-2018, 12:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Just starting day 10 and feeling great!

The first three days were really tough. The last few days I’ve hardly thought about drink.

One of the reasons that drink has taken a back seat is that I’ve started a diet. The first five days of the diet are very strict and subsequently the only thing I’m thinking of at the moment is food!!

Hope you all have a great day, for those of you struggling today just keep going it does get easier.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Good job on 10 days! Eating healthy is awesome, just be careful to not overdo any kind of diet. HALT is something to be mindful of early in sobriety (hungry, angry, lonely, tired) and quite often a craving for drink can actually be your body wanting and needing food. Alternatively a need to eat and being hungry can trigger an alcohol craving so it’s best to take care of your core needs at all times. For the first 60 days I ate healthy but well, no processed foods or sweets etc but never let myself feel hungry. Once I had 60 days in the bag I have started to manage what I eat and keep down the calories whilst exercising (walking only) and I have lost 16lbs in a month.

Keep up the good fight! xx
Old 09-06-2018, 03:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 10

D