Notices

take care and good bye

Old 09-01-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

take care and good bye

As some have said, I have been a member of SR for a very long time and am still struggling with alcohol. The people here have been a tremendous help in keeping me alive for this long and I sincerely appreciate it. You have helped me more than you know to help me to keep my head above water. I couldn't of done it without your support. But sometimes, a persons welcome gets old and I understand that. I've been here many times before. People die, others move on. Others just lose interest. This situation is no different. Fortunately for me, because of my childhood abuse, I learned to be self-sufficient and know that support is fleeting. I learned as a child that every day can be different and that I have to prepared to make adjustments in order to survive. The only security I can count on is the security I provide for myself.
I will probably be back on SR in the future, but it's time for me to gather that childhood resilence to move forward. Hopefully, I'll find some support along the way, but if not, my survival skills I got as a child will be enough. I am a survivor. John
Old 09-01-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

John,

Please re-consider your decision to leave SR.

I have been here many times, crying out for help. I have gotten months of sobriety, only to fall down again.

Some here will be more compassionate than others, but having a site like SR can be a real lifeline.

I understand your decision, but we are here for you....we can do this together, Keep hanging on.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

John, I have enjoyed reading your posts for quite some time. I can understand and support your decision to "move on" but I hope you can find it within you to stay connected to SR. No one is going to bail on you or waiver in their support. We all need each other.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

John

I'd like to reiterate what the others have said. Keep SR close, people genuinely care
Old 09-01-2018, 10:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The people here have been a tremendous help in keeping me alive for this long and I sincerely appreciate it. You have helped me more than you know to help me to keep my head above water. I couldn't of done it without your support

As you said above John, this site and the people on it have if anything helped you in some sort of way, kept you going, encouraged you and supported you. Don't give up now... Keep going.... Stick with SR and do what you need to do on the other end. I don't know your situation about your childhood but I can relate to the childhood abuse, I needed (and still need) outside help with it but I still come on here as people can relate and understand how I'm feeling. Don't throw in the towel on SR.
I wish you the best and encourage you to keep in touch on SR.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We will miss you.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi John,

I hope you will reconsider and tune out anyone who is making you feel unwelcome. It took me a while to finally figure out sobriety, but I am so grateful I kept trying.

Whatever you decide, I wish you lots of happiness.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope you reconsider as well. A few months ago, when I was a little over 5 months sober, I was struggling and I made a thread and you commented “this too shall pass “. I’d heard that before, but it had never been said to me, and it helped. I just wanted to let you know and to thank you because I still struggle sometimes at 9 months sober, and that saying still helps. I believe SR is for people struggling, and for people who are sober to help each other stay sober. I hope you decide to stay.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope you come back soon!
Old 09-01-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Really not sure what to do regarding any help from SR. Some people here seem to feel that after all this time, I should of gotten it, and their probably right. Letting go of SR is like losing a friend. John
Old 09-01-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Your not alone John...

I've been here a long time, and am back on Day 1.

Sure some may think I should have "gotten it" by now.

Others see that I'm trying again. It's all about perspective.

Disregard any posts or responses that trigger those feelings of failure.

Your trying, so therefore your not failing.

What do you need right now?

Even at Day 1, I am offering support to you and others.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The significance of addiction for one is not the same for all. That’s why there are many roads to sobriety. You haven’t found your answer yet, but you are learning about what hasn’t worked so far (just as in someone’s mantra “...it’s the journey”). I don’t think it couldn’t be more true. Keep quitting alcohol. What else is there?

Sorry that you’re feeling so bad.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dont go! Stay! Support is here for everyone. Love and hugs. Xx
Old 09-01-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi John

I hope you will report whatever post has upset you so much.

I invite you to consider that hurt people hurt people. So if someone has been really out of line its more of a reflection on them, don't you think?

This is the internet and people can be harsh. Its also easy to misunderstand posts as well. Sometimes its good to read posts with some detachment. If it bothers you, or doesn't apply, move on. But you don't have to take it personally...you really don't.

Hang in there.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wherever you go on your journey, I am thinking of you and rooting for you (as I'm sure others are). Hope you find your way back to SR. Luck and blessings to you <3
Old 09-01-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

John, your posts have helped me many, many times.
Lots of people here are still struggling to achieve permanent sobriety. I hope you will stay with us.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Your post makes my heart hurt John

Whatever you decide to do l hope you find peace. If you need to talk there's always someone to listen.

Sending hugs.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey, John. I don't think you're a lost cause, not at all. You're struggling, as we all are. I am glad you're here and I hope you reconsider and stick around.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You have suggested leaving several times before too John, and you know it's not the right decision. If you are doing so today because you are drinking I think you also know the solution to that problem. Running away from one of the very few avenues of support you have is a very poor decision - and one that is likely your addiction talking.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't go. I'd miss you.