Notices

Class of September 2018 Part One

Old 09-08-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Sitting in the airport waiting for my flight which is delayed. Surprise surprise. It’s pouring here in the Northeast, at least where I am. The joys of air travel.

TeeJay, glad to hear you like the Bubble Hour. I like the fact that the people she has on have anywhere from 90 days to well over 3 years. there’s something to learn from nearly every episode.

I am feeling a little better today, yesterday was tough. My mother is meeting me for a long weekend and then I am heading on to my business trip on Tuesday. Watching the weather and this Hurricane Florence is possibly making its way to the east coast this week, just in time for my meetings. I’ll be inland, but it could disrupt air travel mid week.

Have a great Saturday everyone.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Day 3. Had a bad nightmare and woke up feeling abandoned and heartbroken from what happened in the dream. Then the thought of not being hungover gave me a sigh of relief. I stayed up late last night watching 'The Black Panther'. It was a struggle trying to enjoy the movie alone. I'm still in a fog and ears ringing. Going to try not and isolate, I'll be patient, and would like to know how to meditate. My health insurance from work canceled so unable to get professional help. I'm not so sure about AA. I'd like to be around people but am not into the circle thing and don't believe in their faith. So I'm on the fence right now.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuluBread View Post
Day 3. Had a bad nightmare and woke up feeling abandoned and heartbroken from what happened in the dream. Then the thought of not being hungover gave me a sigh of relief. I stayed up late last night watching 'The Black Panther'. It was a struggle trying to enjoy the movie alone. I'm still in a fog and ears ringing. Going to try not and isolate, I'll be patient, and would like to know how to meditate. My health insurance from work canceled so unable to get professional help. I'm not so sure about AA. I'd like to be around people but am not into the circle thing and don't believe in their faith. So I'm on the fence right now.
Hi all another sober and fugs free day. I had dreams that i smoked and drank ... what a relief it was only a dream . So strange those nightmares play in our mind. Day 8 AF and day 5 SF and day and day four in a row of exercising at the gym diffrent classes. Still stressed and fatigue but it might be fatigue is seperate issue. Never mind . Wishing all happy Saturday .
Old 09-08-2018, 05:52 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hi All, fell off the wagon big time. Massive withdrawals today, but had to get some booze to calm down. Not sure what to think anymore. I had 3.5 days this week. Drank Thursday/Friday/Today. I realized on thursday or friday, that maybe I am an alcoholic. Gosh. finally. It is frustrating. Thanks for reading/supporting.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back mkvan - hope you'll decide to do something with that realisation - it all starts from there

Stay safe LHW.

Glad they were only dreams Allishope and LuluBread

D
Old 09-09-2018, 12:08 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can do this bumboid

D
Old 09-09-2018, 12:50 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Day 4 here (after my mid-week slip that I'm still kicking myself for). It's a busy weekend, which is good.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hi every. I recognise some names from August. I started in the August class got to 3 weeks then picked up.

I don't know why I do it and don't really know what to say here anymore. I know I must do something different but I don't know what. I just don't know very much really.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hey there Ready.

What have you tried so far?
Old 09-09-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Checking in . With every day AF and SF i m more happy. Life is harder than ever but i m living according my values . Big hugs kind people. X D
Old 09-09-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michael2018 View Post
Hey there Ready.

What have you tried so far?
Hi Michael. I was sober for 3.5 years using sr and avrt. I have tried so many times over the last 2 years to get sober again but I always pick up again after a few weeks. Just so sick of it all.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:15 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Ready. I sympathize. I was sober for just getting on four years and stupidly gave it up. I've had two years of drinking since then (putting on 20kg into the bargain).

Can you get going with AVRT again do you think? Or do you think you need something different now?

Hang in there. You're not alone.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:16 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allishope73 View Post
Checking in . With every day AF and SF i m more happy. Life is harder than ever but i m living according my values . Big hugs kind people. X D
Well done! And big hugs back at you
Old 09-09-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Bumboid,

I'm one of those who had years of sobriety and then slipped. But those years of sobriety, after 3-4 months, were mostly easy (with some small precautions).

Please don't judge sobriety by these early days. These days are tough, and you are far from alone slipping up.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome RAL, and welcome back Bumboid

If it didn't get easier I don't think any of us would be sober

It will get a lot easier - but early recovery is rough - that first month was like a year to me - but things got better after that

by 3 months I felt that maybe this was something I could do?

sure 3 months sounds a long time, but against 20 years of drinking? that's a pretty good deal.

Diofferent folsk need different things.

If you fear SR alone is not enough to help you, or anyone else reading, stay sober - and for some folks it's not - don't be afraid to explore other options as well

bring all the weapons you can to this fight

D
Old 09-09-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michael2018 View Post
Day 4 here (after my mid-week slip that I'm still kicking myself for). It's a busy weekend, which is good.
Day 4 for me too. Let's keep it going....
Old 09-09-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allishope73 View Post
I feel foolish for asking. What does AF and SF stand for? Thanks...
Old 09-09-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

I worked from 7am-7pm today at a ladies house caregiving. She lives in a huge beautiful home. She likes to drink her wine....and she is allowed 2 glasses. So I gave her the 2 glasses. Wow, I didn't go for it as she asked me if I wanted a glass too. We then went out for lunch to a very nice Italian restaurant that had a big bar loaded with bottles of wine. I had iced tea. Got back to her place and she took a nap....I then took that time to do a 45 minute workout. Looking at the wine gave me a headache and needed to burn it off. Not sure if I was holding on for dear life or if it was easy peasy.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:49 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by LuluBread View Post
I feel foolish for asking. What does AF and SF stand for? Thanks...
Alcohol free and smoke free

D
Old 09-09-2018, 08:56 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hey guys...I also drank this weekend. nothing crazy, just a couple glasses of wine while I watched a movie. It seemed harmless, it seemed like the old days when 2-3 glasses was enough......but I'm scared of what this could turn into.

I thought I should come clean, tell the truth about my journey, I'm just confused right now, I'm far from screwing up. But am I playing with fire??

Dumb question