SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 31 August - 3 September 2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/431843-weekender-thread-31-august-3-september-2018-a.html)

Dee74 08-30-2018 03:30 PM

Weekender Thread 31 August - 3 September 2018

Hi There! :wave:

I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time, and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/11/0d/05/1...ormal-life.jpg

kevlarsjal2 08-30-2018 03:32 PM

Thanks for the new weekender Dee! That's a nice quote :)

Is your back a little better?

Dee74 08-30-2018 03:33 PM

I think its a great decision and I wish you well Trach :)

D

Dee74 08-30-2018 03:37 PM

not completely Kev but its getting there. I'll be around in little bursts for a while :)

Thanks to all who asked after me and sent me good wishes. I really got gifted a whizz bang stationary bike - which was great but it was too high for my bad leg to get over - I usually got on ok but getting off not so much. I tried to get off - bad leg stayed where it was - I fell off the thing - pulled it half on top of me - even so, landed ok (not face first) but did my back in attempting that good landing.....

Back to my old but trusty smaller Kmart bike lol

d

badgerden 08-30-2018 03:49 PM

A friend of mine got a stand that conformed her road bike to an indoor exercise bike. And sure enough, just exactly like videos I have seen, the stand came off the back tire and she smacked into the tv and broke the living room window. Thankfully she was not hurt to badly, hilarious anyway!

badge

kevlarsjal2 08-30-2018 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by badgerden (Post 6999379)
A friend of mine got a stand that conformed her road bike to an indoor exercise bike. And sure enough, just exactly like videos I have seen, the stand came off the back tire and she smacked into the tv and broke the living room window. Thankfully she was not hurt to badly, hilarious anyway!

badge

Jeez, that sounds horrible!! :scared: I was just thinking about maybe riding my bike tomorrow cause I haven't since I broke my leg in a bike accident in june but now I think I changed my mind again...

zoeydog 08-30-2018 04:03 PM

Weekends scare me silly. Last weekend I had a mini-slip, and had to start counting days at zero again, which was a bummer for lots of reasons. But my resolve is really strong today, I'm making a point of visiting SR mornings and evenings, I'm reading books about sobriety and I'm trying to make active, non-alcohol plans and backup plans. I live in a small town, and worry a little bit about going to AA. But I've been reading about it and think it would be helpful. I need to think a little bit more about that ….

gettingsmarter 08-30-2018 04:07 PM

I'm on.

venuscat 08-30-2018 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6999373)
not completely Kev but its getting there. I'll be around in little bursts for a while :)

Thanks to all who asked after me and sent me good wishes. I really got gifted a whizz bang stationary bike - which was great but it was too high for my bad leg to get over - I usually got on ok but getting off not so much. I tried to get off - bad leg stayed where it was - I fell off the thing - pulled it half on top of me - even so, landed ok (not face first) but did my back in attempting that good landing.....

Back to my old but trusty smaller Kmart bike lol

d

Ouch.....huge ouch...... :hug: ♥

venuscat 08-30-2018 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by zoeydog (Post 6999384)
Weekends scare me silly. Last weekend I had a mini-slip, and had to start counting days at zero again, which was a bummer for lots of reasons. But my resolve is really strong today, I'm making a point of visiting SR mornings and evenings, I'm reading books about sobriety and I'm trying to make active, non-alcohol plans and backup plans. I live in a small town, and worry a little bit about going to AA. But I've been reading about it and think it would be helpful. I need to think a little bit more about that ….

Sounds like a great idea love.....all of your plan sounds really good. :hug:

I always remind people that AA is very serious about anonymity....what is said in the rooms, stays in the rooms. And who you see in the rooms, stays in the rooms. :) ♥

Gilmer 08-30-2018 04:48 PM

Thank you for coming on here at all, Dee--even in small bursts! :)

Feel better soon. :hug:

Gilmer 08-30-2018 04:48 PM

Hi, Zoeydog!

Gilmer 08-30-2018 04:59 PM

Oh, and I'm in!

trachemys 08-30-2018 07:21 PM

Thanks, Dee.

STDragon 08-30-2018 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by theVman31 (Post 6999237)
I'm happy you got the call Dale. You will be missed in the weekender that's for sure. We will be here when you get back ( I hope)
Vinny.

We'll miss you on the sober bus too!

Dee74 08-30-2018 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 (Post 6999381)
Jeez, that sounds horrible!! :scared: I was just thinking about maybe riding my bike tomorrow cause I haven't since I broke my leg in a bike accident in june but now I think I changed my mind again...

I'm pretty sure you're a lot more flexible than I am Kev - you'll be fine :)

D

CaptainHaddock 08-30-2018 09:20 PM

All the best to you, Trach. My postcard might not get to you overnight, but it will get there. It will say “To Dale” and “from Jean-Louis”. We are, after all, all in this for real.

theVman31 08-31-2018 12:38 AM

Morning all.
Thank you D. I'm in.

Zoeydog welcome to the weekender.
Post here all you like there are usually someone online or not far away...

My last weekend of holidays before big back to work Monday. The problem with taking a full months Hols is the going back part. :)

You sound like a stunt man D.

Sweetpeacan 08-31-2018 01:00 AM

:wavey: Thank you Dee, I hope that your back improves for you soon.

:wavey: Hello Weekenders, good to see you all.

Today is my day for kicking the gloomy feelings into touch. Been kinda buying into them for a few days oh yeah the AV and its sneaky ways pfft. Not happening this time, I want to be sober and free and I will not change my mind this time.

Heres to a good day and a great weekend.

Love to all, SP :tyou:grouphug:

PhoenixJ 08-31-2018 01:36 AM

I got my ticket