Notices

Weekender Thread 31 August - 3 September 2018

Old 09-03-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Monday evening here - just put some vegetables in the oven for roasting. Still on the new diet but I am craving some "good" stuff like ice cream, chocolate peanut butter cups and all that. Sigh....

Been trying to fix my garage door keyless entry pad off and on all day. I know it is something simple and I am not yet ready to call a handyman. But it is frustrating as heck and I have come close to tears a few times. Finally just had to stop and give up for the day. Climbing up and down a ladder in the very HOT garage (instructions say you have to do it with the door down) was making me dizzy.

Today is "Day 3" of my new and improved lifestyle, and quite honestly, it is making me depressed. Not sure why. I have another appointment with my therapist on Wednesday after work, so that is good. We will discuss.

Hope you all had a nice weekend and since it's a holiday here in the US, we had a long weekend. Back to work in the morning.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
Hi everyone. Monday evening here - just put some vegetables in the oven for roasting. Still on the new diet but I am craving some "good" stuff like ice cream, chocolate peanut butter cups and all that. Sigh....

Been trying to fix my garage door keyless entry pad off and on all day. I know it is something simple and I am not yet ready to call a handyman. But it is frustrating as heck and I have come close to tears a few times. Finally just had to stop and give up for the day. Climbing up and down a ladder in the very HOT garage (instructions say you have to do it with the door down) was making me dizzy.

Today is "Day 3" of my new and improved lifestyle, and quite honestly, it is making me depressed. Not sure why. I have another appointment with my therapist on Wednesday after work, so that is good. We will discuss.

Hope you all had a nice weekend and since it's a holiday here in the US, we had a long weekend. Back to work in the morning.
Hi LHW! I am all for a healthy lifestyle myself. But I also made the experience that when I overdo it and deny myself all pleasures, expecting myself to do the right thing all the time, I end up feeling frustrated and depressed. Right now I do have a generally healthy lifestyle, I eat mostly plant based and lots of veggies but if I feel like having a chocolate bar or ice cream for dessert that's okay too! Or a glass of ginger ale while I make dinner. And every now and then I will just have a frozen pizza if I don't have the time or energy to cook.
Overall I still eat healthy but I don't expect myself to be perfect with it Life shouldn't just be about functioning but also about enjoying it and finding a healthy balance between those two. This is a relatively new approach to me but it makes a big difference.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Thanks Sao, Vman and Gilmer I dragged myself to the gym tonight and after stretching my leg for 20 minutes the pain was gone!

I've been stretching it every day already, I guess it wasn't enough though. But if it's that what it takes to be pain free, I will stretch it for hours while watching the telly each night
Old 09-03-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by petals View Post
Looking for a mantra to use...
"let it go"? there's a song you could sing too
Old 09-03-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I say "C'est la guerre" fairly often
Old 09-03-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

Petals

D
Old 09-03-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Cest la vie... not my circus... manyana.... its just how it is... type of thing.... sorry about spellings...
Any suggestions please... want it short and sweet... and ok if I accidentally say it out loud 😉😂
Hugs to all
Xx
Someone here once used "Not my monkeys, not my circus" when giving me advice and I tend to use it every now and then. Nothing wrong with a good strong cusword when the situation calls for it....
Old 09-03-2018, 07:34 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

what a kind reply .. i sort of felt the same ... and your no frills comment put me atraight too. thanks v. much
Old 09-03-2018, 08:28 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Mr

Good morning to all.

It's an early start for me today.

LHW it can be part and parcel of early sobriety feeling a little anxious, stressed or depressed. I think you have probably read this a few times but our alcoholism is usually masking underlying issues that we have. Identifying them little by little and dealing with them is the key and not falling under the illusion that we are going to numb the pain by getting drunk... Keep soldiering on. The therapist is definitely a good thing. Are you getting out and about walking or exercising... As Kev said "finding a healthy balance"

Welcome to the weekender Iloveliveandlet. How are you doing today?

Petals :
Old 09-03-2018, 09:11 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi There!

I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time, and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

I am not sure if I am replying correctly, but I’m grateful for this group. Today was day 1 again for me and I’m ready to tackle tomorrow. It’s literally one day at a time. I’ve tried to be proactive this time! I’ve taken some benydryl to help with the annoying night itch and sleeplessness! I hoping for a good nights sleep. Have a great week everyone!
Old 09-03-2018, 09:36 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing fine blessed - welcome aboard

D
Old 09-03-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You're doing fine blessed - welcome aboard

D
Thanks Dee! I’m excited to be here 😘
Old 09-03-2018, 11:08 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome to the weekender blessed.
We are blessed to have you with us.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:15 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders ILoveLoveandLet, Blessed1980! Blessed, sleep can be patchy in early recovery, walking or other exercise helps.

petals, it's too early for me to think of a pithy mantra but if I think of one I'll post it here.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:17 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
sober style

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Welcome to the weekender blessed.
We are blessed to have you with us.
It's like in that Monty Python movie, "Blessed are the cheesemakers!"

Glad you made the scene, Blessed1980! That was a great year for me personally btw, 1980. I left home to become a traveling salesman, true story.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:05 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning all, gotta shave this four day old beard and head off to work!
Old 09-04-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Today's the day.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

How are you feeling trach?

I hope that this stay will be intensely helpful for your recovery and that you will feel comfortable at that place and maybe make some wonderful friends.
I’ll miss you on here and I hope we will hear from you in a few months or whenever they allow you to use the Internet
Old 09-04-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Feeling good, kev. Actually looking forward to it.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Mr

The very best of luck to you DALE !
If you get a postcard from france there will be a good chance its from Vman