Notices

Weekender Thread 31 August - 3 September 2018

Old 09-06-2018, 09:30 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Squirrels are vicious little beasts!

Ask about the potential for rabies, too. That would concern me more from an animal than tetanus.
Yeah, they said that. They also said it was extremely unlikely for a squirrel to have rabies but to be on the safe side I had a dose of vaccine with another to follow in a fortnight.

I was sitting in the park near my workplace and throwing them a few mixed nuts when one of the little so and so's decided not to wait until I had let go. I THINK it was accidental.

With four distinct puncture marks I can now vouch for the fact that they have sharp and very powerful teeth which I guess is no surprise if you have evolved to eat mostly nuts.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hope you are not waiting to long at hospital Sao!

Having a surprising hour right now, my AV is trying to convince me a single shot of whiskey is what I need, that I will just be able to have the one as I am strong now and know any more would be bad for me! I don’t know where the hell this craving is coming from or why. The urge to get in the car and get a miniature from the shop is so strong, I haven’t felt this uncomfortable for quite a while now so the struggle is real and brutal! I am not going to cave but this is an aweful reminder I am not out of the woods yet and I have to keep strong and on guard. x
Old 09-06-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Mr

Have to say I had a laugh too.
Funniest accident on the weekender in a while...

Removing CO2 and N2O :

https://mundusaer.fi/en/pco-air-puri...-hepa-filters/

Goodnight weekenders.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post

Having a surprising hour right now, my AV is trying to convince me a single shot of whiskey is what I need, that I will just be able to have the one as I am strong now and know any more would be bad for me! I don’t know where the hell this craving is coming from or why. The urge to get in the car and get a miniature from the shop is so strong, I haven’t felt this uncomfortable for quite a while now so the struggle is real and brutal! I am not going to cave but this is an aweful reminder I am not out of the woods yet and I have to keep strong and on guard. x
Your AV needs better lies honey.....not even a normal drinker is going to say I will just have one shot....and whiskey......ewwwwwww.......it smells like gasoline......and it is about the same really.....for us......pure poison.

Hang in there.....right here with you honey. Going to make a cup of tea.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Mr

Take care and stay very vigilant Manta. AV can be very sneaky whether you are feeling good or bad. Can you use some of your local support, some of the tools in your plan, maybe go visit family or friends... contact some of the people from your rehab...

If I drink one drink I will not stop. I know that now more than ever and accept the fact.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:01 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

My sponsor used to tell me to drink a glass of milk and it would fix a craving. It does. It doesn't matter if you don't like milk. I don't like being drunk and I will do anything to make sure that doesn't happen again ever.

That sounds harsh....not meant that way.....huge hugs ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 09-06-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hi Manta I had thoughts like that until I was over a year sober and I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly came back some day. They come less frequently though which can make them trickier to identify at first. When you're used to being on guard more or less the whole time, it's easier to identify it as AV talk.
Well done on staying strong and think of HALTS in case the craving persists. Maybe your body needs some food, hydration or sleep.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:14 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Haha! Thanks Venus, least you made me giggle! I am on antibiotics which I can’t have dairy product especially milk 2 hours before or after taking them so not an option at the moment but I am going to write in my journal and make a big plan for tomorrow. I have just been looking through my relapse mind map I did at rehab where I mapped out lots of relapse triggers and behaviours specific to me and found that I have ticked quite a number of the boxes so not surprising I am feeling like this today really. I have not meditated, exercised, done gratitude or ate regularly for the past 4-5 days amongst other stuff (including isolating). I know what I need to do, and just need to put into practice what I have learnt. xx
Old 09-06-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Absolutely......but first things first....as kev said HALTs......because you have the cravings and you need to look after yourself right now.....be kind to yourself. ♥♥
Old 09-06-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
sober style

Vman, looks like you're in charge of the SR branch office over there in France.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Mr

Thanks Snazzy... We are one big family with satellites all over the world
Old 09-06-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I have nothing in the fridge, car is blocked in by neighbours and can’t be doing with the hassle getting them all to move so ordered a chicken tikka wrap with some sag aloo so food sorted! I am going to go to an AA meeting tomorrow evening (nothing I can get to tonight) and going to put clean bedsheets on now, run a bath and have an early night. Got a good sleep meditation to put on too!

I’ve also been putting a lot of pressure on myself to give up smoking, I really hate it and it’s affecting my health but I’ve been doing it for 30 years and I need to leave the quitting till a later point when I have more sober time. x
Old 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I was sitting in the park near my workplace and throwing them a few mixed nuts when one of the little so and so's decided not to wait until I had let go. I THINK it was accidental.
who would have guessed the squirrel was the natural predator of the penguin?

I'm glad for you that rabies vaccinations don't involve multiple injections in the stomach any more!
Old 09-06-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

sorry your AV is being a pain Manta. you have the tools - it will pass & you know it will. hang in there.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

In the mid nineties the kid next door got bitten by an unidentified dog who ran away from the scene: he had to get 26 shots in his stomach!
Old 09-06-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I hope the craving has passed by now Manta. As others have mentioned they will occur but less frequently over time. Well done for facing it down.

Very glad the replies shots not too heavy duty, I am to have some blood monitoring done which will give me the all clear in a few days. Glad I'm not still drinking with all these blood tests.

Thanks for the link VMan, at the moment I think photo catalytic filters have a few too many unknowns/ side effects for comfort but do look promising. Electric vehicles are also making progress so it's not all doom and gloom but they need to get a move on.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Sao- I rekin them squirrely critters sure be makin' one fine stew...
Old 09-06-2018, 03:32 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Ugh. Dreading the weekend. Triggers everywhere.
Stocking up on seltzer, pomegranate juice and limes.
And willpower.
Manta … hang in there. My wine craving went wild today … I managed to beat it! We've all been there, and we're all here for you now. Kevlar, your advice is good … I'm listening too.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:58 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
saoutchik

"replies shots" s/b rabies shots! Predictive text grrr...

Good luck zoeydog, weekends are a real trial for people like us, which I guess is why this thread exists but the flip side to that is that sober weekends are SO much better.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Sao- I rekin them squirrely critters sure be makin' one fine stew...
I reckon squirrel stew would have a nutty taste, don't you think?