Notices

App for Daily Motivation

Old 08-30-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

App for Daily Motivation

Anyone know of an app or website where I can read daily motivational quotes or passages about sobriety?

Having trouble finding a quality one.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The Hazelden Daily Inspirations app is a good one. It is not an AA publication, as Hazelden is an independent rehab center and publisher, but it does have a 12 step focus along with inclusion of other spiritual inspiration.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, RUL23!

AA has the "Daily Reflections" book available as an app where you can get the excerpt for the day on there and its free. "Just for Today" is available as as well.

I am Sober and Quitting Time track your sober dates and money saved and you can enter in your motivational quotes and mantras those as well.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-30-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Rul23,
Louisehay.com has a daily affirmation site. It is not specific to alcohol recovery per se, but there are some great quotes that help me everyday nonetheless. I went there already today and found “all that I seek is already within me”. There are also links on specific topics, for example - relationships, healing, etc. I haven’t explored this all yet but I will now. I don’t know if there is an app for this one. I have it saved as a favorite on my home screen.
There’s another app called Insight Timer which has all sorts of music and guided meditations I listen to with my ear buds. This helps me fall asleep at night. There is a recovery category. Good luck! These resources have been so helpful for my journey.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I use ‘I am sober’. Tracks your sobriety in time and money saved. Gives a quote every day. Allows you to make a pledge every morning to your sobriety and you can review each day by identifying what you did and how you felt and if you feel like it you can add more detailed notes. I find the note part helpful when I’m having a bad day as it helps me recognise patterns for my triggers.