never ends

Old 08-30-2018, 01:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Awesome John!!
Old 08-30-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Why is it that when I'm completely honest on this forum, I get slammed. The last time I was honest about my drinking, I got a PM from someone reaming me over it. I've seen many people here that have also been here for a long long time that are still struggling with drinking and most of what they get is support and understanding. Enough is enough!!!! John
I don't see anyone "slamming" you John - perhaps some tough love, but in general everyone here seems to be supporting you and sending either positive or constructive comments. You should see some of the PM's I have gotten over the years here if you want to see some hate ;-)

You have to understand though that if you are going to be honest about your drinking, people are going to be honest with you about the fact that even drinking "a little" is not a good thing. You are a very different person when you are sober - and you've provided a tremendous amount of support to others here when you were sober as well. I truly understand that it seems like people might be "attacking" you when they mention your drinking - but part of that is the denial your addiction helps create inside your mind. I understand you've made some progress this summer and that's great - but if you truly want to start seeing the benefits of sobriety, you have to stop drinking completely - it's a fairly simple ( but not "easy" ) concept. I wish you the best of luck in your journey.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi John

if you receive a PM you think breaks the rules, you can always report it like any other post.

Like Scott just said, I don't see any 'slamming' in this thread tho - just folks posting honest responses to your honesty about not quite quitting. (I'm not 'piling on' - Scott and I genuinely posted at the same time )

I actually see a lot of care and concern for you here, John.

D
Old 09-03-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you feel this way John.....but so glad that you are healthy. Sometimes I think taking care of my health is a full time job. I am healthy but like you had a few tests to check things out. I always think to myself "health is wealth" - you know you can have all the money in the world but if you don't have your health ...what do you have? We all have our issues but to have good health is true blessing.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bethany57 View Post
I'm sorry you feel this way John.....but so glad that you are healthy. Sometimes I think taking care of my health is a full time job. I am healthy but like you had a few tests to check things out. I always think to myself "health is wealth" - you know you can have all the money in the world but if you don't have your health ...what do you have? We all have our issues but to have good health is true blessing.
I think I dealing with a lot of medical stuff right now cause I have put things off for a very long time. In fact, the doctor that I have now is the first doctor I've had for at least eight years. Never saw a reason to get one. John
Old 09-03-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My overarching observation is that we are all very different people when we are sober, half cut, and then three sheets to the wind. The way we think, react, internalise and prioritise.

John I don't know you at all (albeit I have now responded to your last two threads on consecutive evenings) but I'm pretty sure that a lot of what you post is simply reaching out for help?

I'm not sure what other help we can give but be honest, support, rationalise, advise and sympathise? But at the centre of every response (I'm sure) are with your best wishes at heart.

You need to put down that bottle - it is a SIMPLE as that - regardless if you take one sip per day or have 12 gallons. You'll never be the real John until you do. I know you must know that.

Make now minute 1. Make the next 60 minutes hour 1... and so on.

Wishing you support and serenity.

Tony
Old 09-03-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

2muchpain, no matter if you are drinking or not stay here because everyone cares about you, that I believe. Rootin for ya.