Notices

A new low

Old 08-23-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new low

I've lost access to transportation. I'm sitting in my house to rot, or they foreclose and I live in a ditch. I'm sober, but ruined everything and am helpless. No money, nothing left to sell, have dog food - I know that's a plus. I ruined it all.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

MovingForward, have you thought of applying for assistance?

Please consider this option. Call your local Social Services department or apply for help online.

They can help you with food, shelter, and healthcare.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your reply, I've reached out for assistance to no avail at this time. I'm just tired of trying.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know how hard it can be to reach out when you're struggling to get through the day. Please try one more time ... you can do this! Help is available.

Never give up!
Old 08-23-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

MovingForward1,

From what I know about social services agencies, they are understaffed and overwhelmed with inquiries, so it's going to take a determined effort, patience, and lots of calls.

There are many that can be of potential assistance so don't get hung up on any particular one if they're unresponsive.

Keep looking, keep calling, stay the course, and good luck.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope

Hi I hope you are feeling better and remember one extreamly positive thing which is you are Sober. As long as you remain sober you will definitely find a way through your current difficulties.

Good luck stay strong 💪.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've followed your posts for a long time and I know you must be suffering.

The thing is that no one is coming to save us. We can only do this ourselves. I think you know the answers to the questions you ask - all it comes down to is sobriety. And you are sober, which is so important. Stay that way and keep following up with your social service contacts.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Appreciate all the support. I'm just deflated. No questions here, just venting.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Moving Forward,

I’m so sorry to hear of your situation. That must be very difficult. I don’t know where you live or how old you are, but there may be some solutions available.

Where I live, the local school districts house a food bank which is open to anybody. They are also staffed with social workers who can help with connecting you to services. Our local senior centers have the same access to food banks and community services, to include transportation for those in need- to places such as doctors offices, counseling centers, food banks, etc. Additionally, the local churches usually have resources available.

I will keep you in my thoughts.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

MovingForward, if you're having no luck with Social Services, think about calling a Church in your community. Many Churches will support you with food and may have some suggestions about a place to live.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Appreciate the thoughts. I live in a rural area and at least 5+ miles to the nearest church. 10+ to a 'main' road. I'm in my 40s but walking these roads and distance just isn't an option for me. I'm doing what I can but pretty much don't care right now, just going through the motions of living.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I guess I have given up, thank you for all the support over the years, I tried.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 View Post
I guess I have given up, thank you for all the support over the years, I tried.
Don't guess, don't give up. Pain, everything, things pass. What can you do today to change things, even slightly, for your self, for the better?
Old 08-23-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

if you have phone and internet you have ways to reach out for help.
all hope is not lost.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

When I was housebound and penniless it was hard for me to reach out, hard for me to keep going on but I did.

Things needed to change and the only way that was going to happen was through me taking action - or sometimes repeating the same action of calling or emailing people until I got some help.

I hope you'll decide that you're worth the effort MovingForward.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You have us <3

We love and support you.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 View Post
Appreciate the thoughts. I live in a rural area and at least 5+ miles to the nearest church. 10+ to a 'main' road. I'm in my 40s but walking these roads and distance just isn't an option for me. I'm doing what I can but pretty much don't care right now, just going through the motions of living.
MovingForward, you are at a very low point but remember, you won't always feel this way.

You know, there are a lot of good people in the world that want to help, please let them. You don't need to walk to the church, just call them. Most churches have a network of people that WANT to help others. Level with them, tell them where you are at. I guarantee it will not be the first time they have helped someone at a low point in their lives.

Most communities have facebook pages now, ask your community for help. If the shoe were on the other foot I bet you would reach out to help them.

Don't give up.