SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 23-27 August 2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/431560-weekender-thread-23-27-august-2018-a.html)

Dee74 08-22-2018 11:42 PM

Weekender Thread 23-27 August 2018

Hi There! :wave:

I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time, and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

https://www.brainyquote.com/photos_t...yfriedman1.jpg

D

PhoenixJ 08-22-2018 11:49 PM

Thanks, Dee. One more day then w/end....Saturday is going to be a stress one. BUT- not overwhelmingly so.
Support to all.

Dee74 08-23-2018 12:03 AM

I'm sorry PJ. I read about it in other threads.

I don't understand what it has to be that way but all you can do is accept it.

I hope it's not as stressful as you're fearing PJ :)

D

John65 08-23-2018 12:21 AM

Thanks Dee!

Hello weekenders.

I love hedgehogs. We used to have them visit our garden a lot and even bought them their own little bowls and special food.

There hasn't been any prickly visitors for a long time now but often see one squashed on the roads though. They are on the decline in the UK, with numbers halving since 2000.

I hope you enjoy this short video as much as I do:

Gilmer 08-23-2018 12:25 AM

I'm in! Thanks, Dee!

John, Those guys are the cutest things ever! Somebody on this thread once posted a link to an organization spearheaded by Dr. Brian May of Queen that's dedicated specially to preserving and rebuilding hedgehog populations in Britain.

((((( PJ )))))

I'll be praying for a bearable Saturday for you.

Canadian Koala 08-23-2018 01:05 AM

Thanks for this new chapter Dee!
Good luck for Saturday PJ and remember : it will pass :hug:

I'm in a bored "...meh" state these days in my sober journey.
I often don't see clearly what is the point of being sober anymore...
I'm forgetting where I come from and it frightens me.
I know this is a pesky way that my AV uses to get me back to drink, use substances and even smoke cigarettes again.
That won't happen because I have some tools to fight back https://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/ex...mportequoi.gif

A very good way to fight this is to visit SR and share with others traveling on the same difficult road.
I always feel better after a visit in here!

Have a good day my Weekenders friends! :grouphug:

petals 08-23-2018 01:34 AM

Hi everyone xx

andyh 08-23-2018 02:03 AM

thanks Dee, I'm in :)

I hope saturday goes okay for you PJ, do whatever you need to to keep yourself safe.

venuscat 08-23-2018 02:16 AM

So I have pneumonia.
Not feeling well at all.
Impossible to sleep.
Can't breath.
Sorry for whining. :grouphug:

SnazzyDresser 08-23-2018 02:17 AM

Get well soon, venuscat!

In the eternal Hedgehog vs. Fox debate, I consider myself #teamHedgehog! Btw here in South Texas we're mostly armadillo country, although the UTSA mascot is the roadrunner and you'll see them around too.

John65 08-23-2018 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6992094)
So I have pneumonia.
Not feeling well at all.
Impossible to sleep.
Can't breath.
Sorry for whining. :grouphug:

Sorry to hear that.

Being ill isn't nice so no need to apologise, whine away if it helps to take your mind off things!

Try and drink plenty of water and hope you feel better soon.

John

John65 08-23-2018 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser (Post 6992095)
In the eternal Hedgehog vs. Fox debate, I consider myself #teamHedgehog! Btw here in South Texas we're mostly armadillo country, although the UTSA mascot is the roadrunner and you'll see them around too.

I'd find it hard to choose, we have foxes visiting our garden too. Guess if I had to choose it would also be hedgehogs.

I love armadillos!

Dee74 08-23-2018 02:39 AM

get well soon Suze :)

D

PhoenixJ 08-23-2018 02:41 AM

Prayers Suze...

Dee (and all) I am putting a positive spin on Saturday (when my 2sons are 'serving' me the ex's divorce papers - amended, again).
My sons are coming to my place....so the personal touch is good..not a mediated session with a professional as witness. I know they do not hate me...hopefully this will be an okay meet. I get to use the lactose free Milk I have been buying for a year, jic..as one of my sons is lactose intolerant. That means, even then I thought there was hope.

John65 08-23-2018 02:45 AM

Hope it all goes well PJ and that it isn't too stressful for you.

PhoenixJ 08-23-2018 02:48 AM

Thanks, John..(John- 64)

John65 08-23-2018 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6992055)
John, Those guys are the cutest things ever! Somebody on this thread once posted a link to an organization spearheaded by Dr. Brian May of Queen that's dedicated specially to preserving and rebuilding hedgehog populations in Britain.

Aren't they just?! Yes, Brian May does some great work when it comes to our native wildlife, pretty good guitarist too!

Sweetpeacan 08-23-2018 03:11 AM

Thank you Dee, checking in for the weekend if I may please & thanks.

:c012: Weekenders.

PJ, Hope Saturday goes well for you. Sending positive thoughts your way.
CK, :wavey:: Hope that pesky "Meh" feeling passes soon
Venus, Hope you will be feeling better soon. Take good care of yourself darling girl.
John65, I'm with Team Hedgehog

Hope we all have as good a weekend as we can. I know for me as long as I don't drink, everything is possible.

Love to all, SP:tyou:grouphug:

STDragon 08-23-2018 04:17 AM

Count your blessing CK.
Sorry your not well Venus hope it clears up soon.

LoveHateWhine 08-23-2018 05:03 AM

Good Morning, all. I have been waiting for this new thread to open. I am back on Day 2 (again) and realize I need to step it up even more than I have in the past.
I have a lot going on this weekend, but need to check in here as often as I can.
Thank you all for being here!