# 201 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning all, just a quick check-in.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
Busy morning with outdoor work.

Cleaned out the garages and washed down the 16 solar panels on our roof.

This last week of holidays will be dedicated to DIY, outdoor jobs, getting in the firewood for the winter...

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Just checking in on the morning of day 3. I had a good aa meeting last night - posted about it in the August class thread. Now back to work with some shakiness but its tolerable now. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-27-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Mr

Have a good day too SONW.

I always find putting on a brave face in work and affronting it head on is the best way. Everybody is too busy with their own problems to notice. People usually just want to be nice.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
They would write the prayer on a clay tablet or little bottle and smash it. The experts estimate there are about 5 million such clay smashed bits going back over 5000 years.
That is very true, PJ--I learned it in seminary. They also used to write curses against their battle enemies on clay tablets, then break them to set the curse in motion.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:06 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Kev ~

Yes, just laying right there! There's also a number of Flintknapped Tools about. One was the size of a Croquet Ball where ~1/3rd had been broken off. That 1/3rd then had a number of tiny chips off one side to sharpen it. Best guess was that it was a Deer Hide Scraper.
This sounds amazing! So basically your'e camping on an archaeological site. I'd go crazy and start feeling like some kind of Indiana Jones!

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Kevlarsjal, you could also get one of these, a 100% modern redesign of the Mark II Jaguar by Ian Callum, designer of the Aston Martin DB9 and Jaguar F Type. The engine is a 4 litre V8. If you ask him he will build you one. The only teeny, tiny drawback is that they cost £360,000 or +/- €400,000
I am tempted but I might have to wait for the price of the pound to drop slightly... by like 99%
Old 08-27-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Mr

So how is the business trip going Dragon. ?
Old 08-27-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on Day 3 StartingOver!

I have left London's Notting Hill Carnival in full swing and to the younger folk. Thankfully the rain stayed off this year. 1 million plus people meant that I couldn't get any decent pics of any floats or dancers. This is still well over half a mile from the actual parade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180827_200526.jpg (56.1 KB, 48 views)
Old 08-27-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
So how is the business trip going Dragon. ?
Very well, Thanks. The major grunt work is done. I was hoping to be complete by this evening but we ran into a couple of snags. Nothing major and will be resolved in the morning.

I'm driving a 2019 Kia Forte, nothing fancy but it's got pep. The hotel is a bit worn, could use a sprucing up. New carpets & coat of paint that kind of thing. The light is a bit dingy too. Everytime I ride the elevator it sounds like the cables are streaching and about to snap. But the place is quiet. I was suprised to have slept well last night, I don't normally do well in hotels.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:09 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
I'm driving a 2019 Kia Forte, nothing fancy but it's got pep. The hotel is a bit worn, could use a sprucing up. New carpets & coat of paint that kind of thing. The light is a bit dingy too. Everytime I ride the elevator it sounds like the cables are streaching and about to snap. But the place is quiet. I was suprised to have slept well last night, I don't normally do well in hotels.
Dragon, I woke up at 03:00am, so unfortunately not doing that well in the sleep department on the first night away from home. I had the good fortune to be given a lift here in an Audi S6, which is also our get-around car for the next few days. Now if only I could convince the owner to give me a turn behind the wheel!

The hard work that we are here for starts later this morning, so please wish us luck!

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!
Old 08-27-2018, 10:41 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.

It's time for coffee I'm sure.

Good to hear your trips are going well Captain and Dragon. Sorry I forgot to mention yours Captain.
I will have a few work trips coming up too before the end of the year... Hopefully I will bring you all along.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:24 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

I have the same car James Bond drove into the sea- except it isn't.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:31 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post

The hard work that we are here for starts later this morning, so please wish us luck!

Good luck Captain, hope things go well

Thanks, you have a great day too!

John
Old 08-28-2018, 12:57 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck Captain!

PhoenixJ I think that was a Lotus Esprit or Eclat, I can never remember which is which. Pretty cars, reputedly unreliable though.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:14 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders

I hope that everyone has a great day.

If you're struggling things will pass and get better so please hang on in there.

Venus, I hope the pneumonia has started to clear and that you're feeling a little bit better now, get well soon!

Best wishes to all,

John
Old 08-28-2018, 03:03 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Another weekend in the bag! Been making my own bread each Sunday so I can have boiled eggs and toast for breakfast and least I know what’s in the bread. Each loaf recipie is getting tweaked each week so nearly at optimum taste now lol

One more pound to go to reach a milestone goal of losing a stone (14lbs) so I am off to the pool to do some laps and get a treat after of a sauna, then a homemade pineapple, mango and spinach protein smoothie afterwards. I am so determined to get this weight off, total goal is to lose 42lbs so need to keep on track and motivated! Hope everyone is well xx
Old 08-28-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Good luck, CaptainHaddock and Dragon!

That sounds really nice, MantaLady!
Old 08-28-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Dragon, I woke up at 03:00am, so unfortunately not doing that well in the sleep department on the first night away from home. I had the good fortune to be given a lift here in an Audi S6, which is also our get-around car for the next few days. Now if only I could convince the owner to give me a turn behind the wheel!

Ooo nice car. Good luck Cap'n. Hopefully your second night will be better. I had another good sleep but wierd dream.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Mr

For the first time since I'm in France (15 years) we had a mini snake come into the house this afternoon.

Mrs vman seems to be very calm about it.
There are vipers around this part of France.
They are small but venomous.

This little one I think it is a couleuvre (grass snake) but not sure. It was about 40cm long.

Anyone able to tell me what it is confirm. ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180828_171148_193.jpg (35.3 KB, 32 views)
Old 08-28-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's a grass snake. Not venomous but can still give a painful bite if threatened. Looks young so hasn't got its full colour and markings yet.

https://www.francethisway.com/wildlife/grasssnake.php