Notices

Wasn’t Going to Post

Old 08-24-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't know but you coming back here is progress I think. Your posts are not bs either that is the wine talking.

lots of help and support here if you just let us help.

Badge
Old 08-24-2018, 02:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
i don't know but you coming back here is progress i think. Your posts are not bs either that is the wine talking.

Lots of help and support here if you just let us help.

Badge
💖
Old 08-24-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree with Badge - not exactly the progress you had in mind, but still progress.

You don't have to stop posting, Oregongirl. I think it'll help to keep the conversation going. I wasn't sober when I joined SR - but the more I read & posted, the closer I was to getting free of it. Thanks for the update & your honesty.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You're not wasting anyone's time here Oregon! Just keep posting, no matter whether you're sober or not, you're more than welcome here
Old 08-24-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dang, but I love you people. You are my persons. You are grace with legs.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know this is a common approach and misconception amongst us addicts / alcoholics but the purpose of this site isn't to show off sobriety length and to come here only when we have something good to report. This isn't a place like work or where anyone is expected to deliver, to get good results, to be perfect. This site is especially for those who struggle, so they don't have to struggle alone. It's mostly a helping hand that reaches out to those who find themselves stuck in a hole or flat on the ground. So please don't ever feel shy to post or to ask for help or support <3
Old 08-24-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
I know this is a common approach and misconception amongst us addicts / alcoholics but the purpose of this site isn't to show off sobriety length and to come here only when we have something good to report. This isn't a place like work or where anyone is expected to deliver, to get good results, to be perfect. This site is especially for those who struggle, so they don't have to struggle alone. It's mostly a helping hand that reaches out to those who find themselves stuck in a hole or flat on the ground. So please don't ever feel shy to post or to ask for help or support <3
You make me want to weep. From heart. Thank you and to all.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Life is good

0Prayer is powerful. Answers simply come in unexpected ways. This thread is one of these answered prayers for me.

Thank you, Oregongirl. I'm glad you're here.

People helping people. One foot in front of the other. One day at a time.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
0Prayer is powerful. Answers simply come in unexpected ways. This thread is one of these answered prayers for me.

Thank you, Oregongirl. I'm glad you're here.

People helping people. One foot in front of the other. One day at a time.
Thanks for the reminder of prayer. It was answered prayer when I became sober before. I intend to learn about cravings and the ways to get around it. Just the simple fact of eating...and sugar. I thought why don’t I love sweets anymore...cuz I’ve been getting my sugar in alcohol.