Notices

Weekender Thread 16-20 August 2018

Old 08-19-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

VMAN!!!

Hangover-free Sunday morning coffee and nothing etched in stone for the day....sounds good to me!

Last night the boys played Virginia Beach and I'm enjoying pics/videos from fans who were at the show....one girl posted a clip from the drum battle....smart lady!
Old 08-19-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
saoutchik

A belated Happy Birthday VMan!
Attached Images
Old 08-19-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

42, huh?

I'll just leave this here with the hope that maybe Vman will have some idea of what's going on.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

"The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42."

Of course.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

In my 42nd year I told people I was celebrating the 21st Anniversary of my 21st birthday.

That was really the only year that joke works.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Mr

Thanks Weekenders !

Bim, your cracking today
I am not too familair with Douglas Adams nor the hitchikers guide
I will have to check it out as it seems to be the rage...
The image of flying fish has always fascinated me nevertheless.

Adaptation guarantees survival said the flying fish
The analogy with recovery is very evident.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...p/flying-fish/
Old 08-19-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Happiest of days Vman!!

I got to work all weekend! hurray,,,,, Covered a shift for a Sgt, didn't get his pay though,,,

You would love fly fishing Vman, I became very involved in tying the flies, very peaceful and rewarding. Wish I had the time to still do that, maybe someday.

Badge
Old 08-19-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

We used to see flying fish all the time offshore in Florida.

They're one of those magical things the ocean provided.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:02 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

You guys....I just did the craziest thing this morning....I went to the gym! This is getting way outta control

This is one of the songs I listened to....it's a good workout song (the whole album is great!) from the new Godsmack; this is "Bulletproof" ~ When they said Sebastian Bach and Billy Ray Cyrus would be in the video I was like HUH??? Some of U may have seen this already....this is the director's cut so it's like 10 minutes long, but it's funny AF!

Old 08-19-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Mr

Badgerden.

I do a little fly fishing when I get a chance for trout on small freshwater rivers... Never tied flies though. I have enough trouble with the leader and tippet knots

Nothing compares to the feeling when your standing in a river casting and a trout rises and takes your fly... Heaven !

It's a great day here in the south of france. I think ice cream and pears is on the menu this evening.

Hoping you are all mozying along safely through the weekend. Keep up the good work purps and everyone else.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:15 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Mr

You crack me up godsmacks number 1 fan.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
42, huh?

I'll just leave this here with the hope that maybe Vman will have some idea of what's going on.

One of my favourite quotes is from Douglas Adams:

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:50 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

And here's a birthday song for you Vman, play loud (obviously):

Old 08-19-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hope you had a fabulous Birthday VMan.

Have been celebrating my darling Mums birthday this weekend hence not being about as much as I'd like to have been. Despite the toothache
( not quite so monster now, thank goodness) I managed to eat my fair share of birthday cake.

: Hello to all Weekenders, nice to keep company with you. SP
Old 08-19-2018, 02:07 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Night and hugs from me. xx
Old 08-19-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I have not posted here for a while, so I am sorry and I have missed all of you guys. I have just had too hard a time. My aunt died on the 1st June and my father was so upset. She was quite young - only 67 - and both of my parents are one of 8 and she was the first one of their generation to go and it was hard on all of us.

The Monday following that I got transferred at work to a new department (but I have since learned that my manager just wanted me out of there) and it was nothing to do with my work whatsoever. Anyway I can be shy but I just rolled up my sleeves and got stuck in. Just now as I am starting to feel comfortable she has now told me that she is moving me again so a new round of people to get used to. She did say that my current consultant stopped her in the hall one day and mentioned that I’m good at typing with no typos and I can pick up different medical terminology fast so maybe I have finally found my “niche”.

There is so much more I could write but I will leave it for now.

What actually broke my heart is that we had a pet bunny at home. I brought her home originally but she lived with my parents for the past number of years. She was elderly in bunny years (almost 8 years old) but she was not in great health for the past few weeks even though she was very well cared for. Anyway she passed away last Wednesday night. I talk to my dad every evening after work and she was poorly then. She died around 10:30 PM last Wednesday night but my parents were too afraid to tell me over the phone. My father was with her on the ground when she died. And I know people will say “she was just a rabbit” but she was so much more than that to us. She was a member of the family. And I have not cried so much since my Granny died. I could not go to my parents this weekend so I went to see my companion instead. My father buried her this afternoon and said it would be best if I was not there. I agreed as I could not bear seeing the shoebox being put into the ground.

So I think next week I begin my new role. Hopefully I will feel better by then. I hope you are all keeping well and well happy birthday V-Man. If there is anything I have missed maybe some one could send me a message.

Thanks again,

Tetra
Old 08-19-2018, 03:38 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

(((Tetra))) I was wondering where the heck you were! Thank you for checking in....so sorry to hear about your aunt and your buddy bunny Hope things look up for you at work, or maybe you can find something better! Hugs to you and your family
Old 08-19-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hi everyone....here's my Sunday evening photo....doesn't look like there will be much of a sunset since there's a storm brewing, but I thought the bird looked cool (chilling on the dock) ~ they've been wading in the low tide. Thanks to my fellow weekenders for helping me stay sober!

Old 08-19-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Support to you Tetra
Old 08-19-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!

Purps, where is that? It looks amazing!

Happy birthday Vman!

Tetra, sending you a hug. I'm very sorry for your losses, pets are also part of the family