Notices

Weekender Thread 16-20 August 2018

Old 08-22-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Old 08-22-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

possibly the only time that: "Get in the kitchen and make me some sammiches" may be acceptable.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

My oldest son says that's how I can make my final days useful--he quotes Eric Cartman: "Get in the kitchen and make me some pa-a-a-ah!"

He's kidding, of course. My response is always, "I'll slap you upside your head!"

It's our own peculiar love language!
Old 08-22-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

10 more hours and my 5 day 56 hour work week is done! Tomorrow I have to have my car into the shop at 7:30 am for an oil change,,,, I do not know who thought that was a great idea, i am sure i was part of the conversation but it is lost in my over tired brain fog. Which for the record is much better and always clearer than my wine fogged brain.

badge
Old 08-22-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Gilmer - can I just say, once again, what an inspiration you are. I am in awe of the grace and bravery you are exhibiting in the face of your diagnosis. I truly admire you.

Last edited by MLD51; 08-22-2018 at 06:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-22-2018, 06:47 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Thanks, PJ! I'm having a blast!

Awaiting my room service breakfast!
Fantastic!
Old 08-22-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm keeping a low profile at work this afternoon as there seems to be some ongoing dispute/tension reaching a climax. Fortunately it has nothing to do with me and I mean to keep it that way. Hopefully I can leave on the dot of 5pm.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Mr

Hope you got out of the war zone Sao

Howdy MLD and Mrs P ( I see you connected).

We went for a picnic today in the lower mountains. Mrs vman is originally from a village in the Pyrenees. My mother in law still lives there.
I often can forget the beauty of the place and how lucky I am... getting tripped up in my own mind. It's the perfect place and moment for meditation.
Aren't holidays brilliant...

Goodnight weekenders
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180822_185614_292.jpg (50.2 KB, 43 views)
Old 08-22-2018, 10:31 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I'm keeping a low profile at work this afternoon as there seems to be some ongoing dispute/tension reaching a climax. Fortunately it has nothing to do with me and I mean to keep it that way. Hopefully I can leave on the dot of 5pm.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:34 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hope it went ok Saou xx
Old 08-22-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Hope you got out of the war zone Sao

Howdy MLD and Mrs P ( I see you connected).

We went for a picnic today in the lower mountains. Mrs vman is originally from a village in the Pyrenees. My mother in law still lives there.
I often can forget the beauty of the place and how lucky I am... getting tripped up in my own mind. It's the perfect place and moment for meditation.
Aren't holidays brilliant...

Goodnight weekenders
I can see right now that you need to visit the applachians.

Some on top of the mountains

Old 08-22-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

So many beautiful places on this planet
Old 08-22-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

My grandparents used to live in West Virginia, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, which is part of the whole Appalachian Mountain system. Their house had a view of the Shenandoah Valley, and was just below the Appalachian Trail. We used to go up to the trail and do day hikes. Stunning.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

The last song I posted was a bit sad so here's something a bit more uplifting to balance things out. If you like rock you should love this.

Stairway to Heaven performed by Ann and Nancy Wilson with Jason Bonham.
The Kennedy Center Honors 2012.

I love the original and I nearly love this as much. You can see how much Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones are moved by this performance and it moves me too.

https://vimeo.com/226640440
Old 08-22-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Office etiquette.. I have a few co-workers who I shall not name. I received an email this morning from the lady who took over my old job and my line manager was unnecessarily cc’d in the message just to make me look bad. I was so annoyed when I read it. She was just trying to make herself look good. Anyway I met my manager by accident at various stages throughout the day. She said nothing about it. In fact I went down to my old office to do what I was asked and I met my old consultant and he seemed pleased to see me. He said “I hope you are being treated well up there”. So I went down again at 5 PM and my line manager walked in by coincidence in on a completely different matter. So she did not mention a thing to me about the email and just goes “Tetra! You are all over the place today. You are a super secretary”.

I was trying not to laugh as it’s so different to what she used to say every time I got dragged into her office.

Anyway I was just so annoyed when I saw that email. This person should have phoned me and spoke to me about it. No need to start dragging our manager into it. I actually did talk to my dad about it and he said “from my experience of these things it was not so much that she wanted to make you look bad, she just really wanted to make herself look great”. Well that’s my dad for trying to see something like the best in a difficult situation.

I’m still raging by the way

I also had a funny picture that I wanted to put with this post but I cannot figure out how to resize pictures. I used to use tinypic but as I recall that’s gone now.

Anyway I will be at my parents this weekend with my netbook and WiFi so hopefully I will be able to read over the thread and respond to people individually.

Hugs to all

Tetra
Old 08-22-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

My mom had relations there in Virginia and she went over for a summer I guess in the late 1960s to work as a waitress. We visited there as a family around 1990. I remember that I was a bit car sick one day and my mother began to sing a song - something about the “blue ridge mountains of Virginia and the lonesome pine”. I don’t remember more than that, sorry. But you brought back a lot of memories for me MLD51
Old 08-22-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
My mom had relations there in Virginia and she went over for a summer I guess in the late 1960s to work as a waitress. We visited there as a family around 1990. I remember that I was a bit car sick one day and my mother began to sing a song - something about the “blue ridge mountains of Virginia and the lonesome pine”. I don’t remember more than that, sorry. But you brought back a lot of memories for me MLD51
Hello Tetra,

Here's Laurel & Hardy singing it:

Old 08-22-2018, 01:12 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 08-22-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words, Marty.

How Breathtaking, Vman!

Hope you're out of there, Sao! Not a moment too soon! :fright"

I plan to visit a sea turtle rescue place on the beach tomorrow.

Tetra, it's good to hear from you. I'm sorry you're still enduring crap from those cats at work.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders. My "weekend" falls in the middle of the week. I'm trying to be as productive as possible. I have a long list of art pieces to do. And I'm also lining up lunches with old friends, we haven't caught up in a long time.