Notices

Double Digits 10 Days

Old 08-15-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
If I had a dime for every time I made a mistake, I would be sitting on a big pile of dimes.

Double Digits 10 Days

Here I am at the beginning of day 10, been extremely tired the last couple of days, and there were a couple of emotional bumps in the road from outside forces, that caused me to want to drink and forget about it. I didn't and I am very happy about that decision. I am creeping up on that two week mark when things seem to really take off for me, I hope it is the same this time. I am at work, tired, but not hungover. I am proud of not drinking and just ready to get back to having a bit more energy.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job!

I find life has bumps, but drinking turned molehills into mountains.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

great job on 10 days!
Old 08-15-2018, 11:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

On to day 11 and beyond, good job man!
Old 08-16-2018, 03:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Great job on now 11 days! When you hit 2 weeks you will feel alot better. The first month is hard because the body and brain are repairing and rewiring from the chemical damage from alcohol. It takes alot of energy and many people give in because it seems easier to just drink again. Stay strong. It gets easier especially if you begin eating (cleaner) better and staying active in an exercise routine. Also giving yourself mantras to recite everyday to keep your mind focused and positive helps tremendously. Keep going strong!
I see you are a Blackhawks fan!
Old 08-16-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
If I had a dime for every time I made a mistake, I would be sitting on a big pile of dimes.

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Great job on now 11 days! When you hit 2 weeks you will feel alot better. The first month is hard because the body and brain are repairing and rewiring from the chemical damage from alcohol. It takes alot of energy and many people give in because it seems easier to just drink again. Stay strong. It gets easier especially if you begin eating (cleaner) better and staying active in an exercise routine. Also giving yourself mantras to recite everyday to keep your mind focused and positive helps tremendously. Keep going strong!
I see you are a Blackhawks fan!
Thank you for the encouragement, my energy has been low, going bike riding with my wife tonight. We had some rain outs the last couple of days. I do eat pretty healthy, and try to exercise, the energy thing really knocked me down for a minute.

Yes, I am a Blackhawks fan. Looking forward to hockey season. I played for awhile and really like the sport. Hopefully we will have a better year than last. Go Hawks.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on day ten, SportPilot! Stay the course. You'll adjust eventually and feel better.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 10! Keep going, it gets better!