Notices

Day 3 nearly over

Old 08-14-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 nearly over

Hello ...i just wanted to say i m finishing day three. I feel very depressed. I realised i lost everything in life that was important and only left is myself and my recovery. Many losses happened before alcohol use but alcohol did not helped ... just caused a chain reaction. I do not see now the light in a tunnel but i walk a day a time and counting days. I read some stories here and still have hope that life will smile to me once again . Tommorow is day 4 sober embracing pain xD
Old 08-14-2018, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry things are so hard.

Just remember that no matter how hard things are today, they'd be even harder if you weren't sober.

Also, as long as you're alive, there's hope. So whatever you've lost in the past, doesn't mean that loss is the only thing you will experience in the future.

I wish you all the best.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear you lost a lot to drinking. You can rebuild yourself and your life in sobriety, many people have. Relapsing and drinking again will only make things worse, and I'm sure you know that.

I rebuilt my entire life from the ground up starting in 2015. THe only things I had at that time were my sobriety and my marriage.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I still have hope and i m not planning to avoid pain anymore. I do not know what was first egg or a chicken but i cannot deny losses would be dealt better without alcohol. I did three years of escaping reality and myself ...now i need to do it myself. Thanks for kind words . I m on my way xD
Old 08-14-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allishope73 View Post
only left is myself and my recovery. ... still have hope that life will smile to me once again . Tommorow is day 4 sober embracing pain xD
Hey there. 'Grats on day 3! That's a big deal. Clap yourself on the back for it.

Having yourself as the only thing left is a wonderful thing. Sure, the things we lose or lost when we are consumed by booze can hurt. But you can do soooo much with yourself if you let yourself.

Life will indeed smile on you again if you let it.

Keep your vision right in front of you. Now isn't the time to deal with things lost or the past - or really even too far into the future.

Now is the time to just stay sober and start learning some self-compassion. While you are coming to grips with sobriety make sure you eat some ice cream, or take a walk in a nice place, or curl up in bed and watch your favorite movie or show.

You deserve it. You are so worth this. Start telling yourself that now. Fake it 'til you make it if you have to. But you have to start learning some self-compassion.

Know you aren't alone.

-B
Old 08-14-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you ! I m here every day last three days and will stay . I m learning a lot from others and agree with you recovery is priority and self compassion but not self pity. Thank you people for being. X D
Old 08-14-2018, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 3 - that's a big deal. Usually I felt so much better on day 3 that I told myself I didn't have a problem and opened a bottle of wine, so I salute you on persevering. I'm sorry that you've lost so much, that's really rough. However, your decision not to drink is going to ensure that the rest of your life is not going to remain like this and will only lead to good things (better health, better thinking, better relationships, more money in your pocket). You can only go up from here, no? Also, try not to believe everything that falls into your brain, especially negative thoughts about yourself or your life. Your brain may feel a bit depressed anyway just from adjusting to no alcohol, so at times you can't be too much into your head. Like others said, have some ice cream. Watch something funny on TV. Pray. Read something positive. Look for anything good and say "Thank you" for it. I wish you well and I'm hoping for many good things to come your way.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello ...i just wanted to say i m finishing day three. I feel very depressed. I realised i lost everything in life that was important and only left is myself and my recovery. Many losses happened before alcohol use but alcohol did not helped ... just caused a chain reaction. I do not see now the light in a tunnel but i walk a day a time and counting days. I read some stories here and still have hope that life will smile to me once again . Tommorow is day 4 sober embracing pain xD
It happens, try to stay positive and know you’re not alone in this journey. Your path may be different than mine, but we have similar goals, one that should stand out above all is being the healthiest version of yourself, your mind will follow. I am very hopeful that life has a way of shining brighter on people that have to go the extra mile to make amends to life, that’s what we are doing, not quite fixing what has been done, but being able to start new and move forward. Keep your head up! Soon, you will be celebrating a week, then 2 and then you will no longer have the need to even count days
Old 08-15-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on Day 3 allishope

D
Old 08-15-2018, 02:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It is day four today feeling more positive thanks to people posting. Getting stronger day by day. Focusing only on recovery and trying to do self compassion. Thank you Dee xD
Old 08-15-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there. You can do it. It does get better. You know it will. Just keep telling yourself that. Stay strong.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AA Member

great job on 4 days
Old 08-15-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AA Member

heres a chip for ya

Old 08-15-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Great job getting to day 4 allishope
Old 08-15-2018, 02:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations on your Day 4, allishope. I was so regretful too - but you are free now, and you will heal. Things won't stay this way. The early days of recovery are rough for all of us - but as you said, you're getting stronger every day. A better life is on the horizon.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you kind people bring day 5 ... i crossed Rubicon on my journey to recovery ... not coming backwards... life might be hard but not as hard as being drunk 😉 xD
Old 08-15-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Focusing only on recovery and trying to do self compassion.
Such a good plan for the early days. There's plenty of time to deal with other stuff - but there's no time to deal with other stuff if you (or I) drink. We have to get the not drinking thing down first.

Keep it a priority. Soon you'll feel like doing something else - one day here, another day there. Next thing you know it's 6 months, you have a little money in the bank, your place around you isn't a wreck, and you've gotten a lot done.

Take your time. Be good to yourself. You deserve it.

B