Notices

Your morning routine?

Old 08-21-2018, 10:20 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Oh Bill, I forgot to comment on your sandwich!!! Yes, a good BLT with mayo is my favorite too. I used to get mine from a place that also added sautéed onions.... out of this world good!
Old 08-21-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Fear can be crippling, is my experience. It is simply part of the human condition and allows grace into our lives.

I can try to intellectualize it,pray it away, seek consul etc. All of those help me to different degrees. There are times, especially in the mornings when the **** in my head can be overwhelming. Some real, but most imagined or never coming to fruition.

Some times I just have to Trudge through this. Finances, concern over family - what if this or that....... endless. If I get involved in a task and stay in the moment, this gets me relief from my ruminations of doom for bit and allows time to pass more serenely.

In meditation I have learned from others to acknowledge my thoughts and feelings, nodding at them and not trying to drive them back. I just let them be a "thing" for a moment. Like a melting ice cube. Yes, ice soon you'll be water and no more. Hi fear, yes - I know you're there. Have a nice day. Soon you will be gone to go bother someone else! Goodbye.

Yes, that first drink can remove the opportunities each day may bring. It's that Engine on the train the kills me, not the caboose.